New Items: Doran's Breast plate, Doran's raiment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laggamuffin

05-04-2010

Already we have Doran's shield, Doran's ring, and Doran's sword, why not make a complete set?

Doran's breast plate: 435 gold

120 hp
8 Magic resist
2% movement speed

Doran's Raiment:

Requirements: Ring, Sword, shield, Breast plate. + 870 gold (total cost: 2610 gold

600 hp
10 mp 5
12 hp 5
22 armor
22 magic resist
10% life steal
12 attack damage
15 magic damage
Unique Passive: increases near by allied champions movement speed by 4% (1000 radius)
Unique Active: Doran's Call: Reduces damage from all sources by 10% for 5 seconds (60 second cool down)

Granted the numbers could use a bit of balancing but this is a rough idea.

DarkenDragon

05-04-2010

sound more like a weaker (besides the uniques) version of ageis shield

Micar

05-04-2010

I think the idea of a Doran is to give some sort of regen at the start of the game, which the breast plate dont have.

mogar42

05-04-2010

i like the idea sept riot not gonna do it the dornas items are supposed to be early and not late thats why they've never had anything they buld into
also why theri sell value is 0

PineappleThis

05-05-2010

Yea, combo of doran items is way too good, almost everyone would get it then. And like Mogar said above me, its meant for the early advantage only.

Hellfire014

05-07-2010

I like this idea, Doran's gear needs to have its own upgrade item set, and Raiment looks sorta like a defensive Trinity Force (without the Phage or improved Sheen effect). Bring attack up to 15, and the MP/5 up to 12, so they copy their counterparts. It looks like the perfect item for a Shen player, so increase the Raiment's upgrade cost by an extra 490, otherwise it will be too inexpensive, and Shen would have 3 of them easily.

Edit: increase CD on the active to 90-120 seconds. don't want to make it TOO powerful, do we?

CLG Snoopeh

05-07-2010

I disagree, to my knowledge Dorans Items are "Starter Items"

They pack all that you need into the earling laning phase (regen and hp)

Dorans are undoubtedly the best starting item for most classes, however it is a choice.

Ultimately you waste some gold, as opposed to buying boots/cloth armor/pendant/ruby/saphire - which will later build into something.

It should stay as is, you chose to take the early game advantage at a cost (that is that it doesn't build into anything).

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

05-07-2010

Doran's items don't need upgrades. They're extremely cost effective items, and they're meant for an early game boost, nothing else.

Stakt

05-07-2010

I kinda like the idea of adding a new doran's item that gives magic resist though. It would be a great alternative to getting a null-magic mantle, which I actually do sometimes if I feel I'm gonna be up against mage types as a melee character.

Then again, null-magic would probably serve me better anyway, as it upgrades to merc treads or chalice or spirit visage.

Morinav

05-07-2010

The breastplate feels weak. I still can't imagine taking this over the shield. You're trading the armor for m. resist, losing the health regen, and gaining an imperceptable speed buff. Not worth it.

The raiment is not a good idea, in my opinion. People would just wait until they had the gold to buy it complete, they wouldn't assemble it. Very few champs would benefit well from getting a ring, sword, breastplate and shield. The sword would be wasted on casters, the ring would be wasted on non-mana users and phys champs. Plus, I think Dorans are and forever should be non-upgradeable start items.

I'd rather see items like.

Doran's Baby-Mac: +120 HP +10 AD + 10 AP.
Doran's Dirty Juice Needle: +120HP +10% ASPD +5% movespeed.
Doran's Nike Pumps: +120 HP +6 armor + 6 m. resist movespeed 0.75 (does not stack with boots).