Balancing two game modes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fudgemokey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

How do you guys think Riot is going to go about balancing the game for SR and Dominion? I can definitely see some characters being OP with the new dominion gamestyle as well as some characters being UP. Do you think these characters will be buffed or nerfed? Will they have to balance characters differently in SR and Dominion? I think there are enough variables in balancing only SR, now that they have to balance characters with respect to both game modes I foresee many more problems...

I feel the best solution would be to have different character stats for the different maps if necessary, rather than have some characters be unplayable in either SR or dominion.

The Real Snow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

There are going to be different items in Dominion.

Christonya

08-04-2011

Chances are good they will pick one of the two maps that they feel is more important (by a tournement standard ect ect) and thats where things will be balenced. The other map will have issues that will half the time be ignored.

fudgemokey

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Snow View Post
There are going to be different items in Dominion.
I guess so, but imagine something like Nunu's or fiddle's ultimate. I would imagine that its going to be really good for capturing or defending "flags" at key times. In SR you can simply run away without too much consequence but in Dominion it could be the difference between winning and losing.

Lancefighter

08-04-2011

in summoners rift a fiddle or nunu ult can force you back from a turret, even if you dont kill someone.. you get the strategic advantage of taking down the turret. Sure, in the open field it might not seem like much, but in reality SR has many objectives as well.

fudgemokey

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
Chances are good they will pick one of the two maps that they feel is more important (by a tournement standard ect ect) and thats where things will be balenced. The other map will have issues that will half the time be ignored.
Thats exactly what I was hoping wouldn't happen. As I'm assuming they'll balance the game around SR why would I want to play Dominion if it's full of balance issues...

Christonya

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgemokey View Post
Thats exactly what I was hoping wouldn't happen. As I'm assuming they'll balance the game around SR why would I want to play Dominion if it's full of balance issues...
We can hope it won't. But I can almost, without a doubt, assure you that it will. They will either have to take league and fully CHANGE the entire game, the effects of abilitys ect so that it works with dominion. Or, balence it around SR and ppl can just go play op chars in dom for schmitz and gigglez.

fudgemokey

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancefighter View Post
in summoners rift a fiddle or nunu ult can force you back from a turret, even if you dont kill someone.. you get the strategic advantage of taking down the turret. Sure, in the open field it might not seem like much, but in reality SR has many objectives as well.
Thats true, I feel like being able to protect objectives is going to be much more important in dominion though as they're the main object of the gamemode rather than secondary "optional" objectives.

Also in SR the turrets will remain at the same health and a 5 second delay might not be gamebreaking, but in Dominion if you can force everyone out of the "flag capture area" after theyve pushed hard to take it theyll have to basically take it all over again. This is assuming flags work similarly to ones in CoD though I guess..