Dominion = Return of AoE Meta??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider4Life View Post
shaco will be viable
Nidalee also. Shaco has a great kit for ambushes, and this kind of map is going to abound with lone champs heading to objectives. Nidalee's high mobility, sustain, and strong 1v1 ability ought to be similarly useful. Both of them can reliably go off on their own to strike at an enemy point, and they also have map control skills.

TF is gonna crazy here too... depending on how capture works. If it's not raw damage, he may be less effective, since he's kind of squishy.

Anivia's walling ought to be handy, but it's strong everywhere. It might actually be LESS useful here...

AoE is absolutely not viable as a team comp. Lower respawn times and incentives to stay split up counter it. At the same time, it shouldn't be considered totally worthless, since presumably a steamrolling mob of five can capture faster and blow past any partial-team resistance...

Vydelar

08-04-2011

I expect after a while of not getting why a five man stomp around the map just isn't working, i'd expect dominion to evolve to the average team design being 3-2. The 3 being tank/initiator/sustained dps, and the 2 being support+burst dps and as much mobility as possible on the 2. The 3 doesn't need to be as mobile, but needs to be able to hold their own in a pitched battle until the 2 can intercept. The only time i can see a full 5 man attack happening is if people don't pay attention and you can catch 2-3 in a pincer manuver.

RockcIimber

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Snyper View Post
Nid will be queen of the split push here.
Probably not. supposedly there are hardly any bushes on the map so her passive won't be so strong for her

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockclimber13 View Post
Probably not. supposedly there are hardly any bushes on the map so her passive won't be so strong for her
Her passive isn't the part that matters... it's her sustain and mobility. She can just run around harassing control points, and probably kill any lone defenders (or drive them off with spears).

Her passive isn't that potent... you have to basically run from brush to brush, and the detouring can cost you the gains...

BadgerBarrage

08-04-2011

Now Teemo is what scares me. Speed + mushrooms =

Eponet

08-04-2011

I can see teleport and fortify being more common than rally.

LashBack

08-04-2011

More like the rise of Mundo

Dimwitt

08-04-2011

i see a new use for champs with stealh and ambush abilities.

BadgerBarrage

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponet View Post
I can see teleport and fortify being more common than rally.
You do know that neither of those spells is in Dominion, right?
(Replaced with Promote and Garrison)

Zeta

08-04-2011

aoe will be better on defense than offense for CS.