[Suggestion] Stereotypes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pete278

09-09-2009

Hi, I've only recently been into the beta, but this is more of an aesthetic suggestion for hero ideas. I've noticed that there are some more exotic ideas (like Rammus and Amumu) without the 'basic' ideas being used. For instance, I think a cool idea would be a goblin spy with a laser pistol, or, really, greenskins in general. Unless I missed something, there's no orcs or goblins in the game, which could've been used for Tryndamere or Dr. Mundo quite easily. Half-dragons, wraiths, the grim reaper image (guy in cloak with scythe, not really Fiddlesticks), or demons. All these things could really quite easily add to the idea of LoL being this prestigious event, rather than just something alot of humans and a Tyranid compete in.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2009

I kinda agree. The lack of a Vampire based hero makes me sad too. =(

Pete278

09-09-2009

That's pretty much my point. Everyone is too...human. It seems like the game is set up to be a human competition, when the background would be better, imo, if it were more of a 'trial of champions', where each species sends there best to fight for the glory of the being the king of kings. But at the moment, the vast majority are human, or slight alterations of human for the meglings and Teemo. Twitch, Cho'Gath, Alistar and Aniviar are the only ones really not human, and that's not really enough. I understand that humans are easy to connect with for humans, but really, orcs, goblins, vampires, demons, lizardmen, or even further out things, like deep one type things from Lovecraftian would help make this game even better for people who care about background, like me.

Engarde

Adjudicator

09-09-2009

Eve is enough bloodsucking evil for me......

Lollerman

09-09-2009

- armadillo
- werewolf
- scarecrow
- yeti
- goat-woman-thing
- angel
- fallen angel
- ninja turtle
- skeleton (s)
- a GOD
- piece of moving rock
- robot
- frankenstein
- Darth Vadar

I fail to see how they're human AT ALL.

Viandante

09-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
- armadillo
- werewolf
- scarecrow
- yeti
- goat-woman-thing
- angel
- fallen angel
- ninja turtle
- skeleton (s)
- a GOD
- piece of moving rock
- robot
- frankenstein
- Darth Vadar

Never feed them. Ever. They'll grow stronger and soon they'll make threads about how much Soraka is OP.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viandante View Post
Never feed them. Ever. They'll grow stronger and soon they'll make threads about how much Soraka is OP.
Right, asking for more fantasy tropes in this game = trolling. Apparently posting an opinion = trolling?

What character is a turtle, by the way, Lollerman?

BrainStein

09-09-2009

darth vadar is human tho :\

Pete278

09-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
- armadillo
- werewolf
- scarecrow
- yeti
- goat-woman-thing
- angel
- fallen angel
- ninja turtle
- skeleton (s)
- a GOD
- piece of moving rock
- robot
- frankenstein
- Darth Vadar

Darth Vader is human, frankenstein (assuming you mean Mundo) started human, goat woman thing is human with purple skin and some hooves, and the angels may as well be humans with wings. The yeti is ridden by a human. Who's the ninja turtle?
The rest I'll give you, but that's out of, what, 40 characters?

Fenrel

09-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete278 View Post
Darth Vader is human, frankenstein (assuming you mean Mundo) started human, goat woman thing is human with purple skin and some hooves, and the angels may as well be humans with wings. The yeti is ridden by a human. Who's the ninja turtle?
The rest I'll give you, but that's out of, what, 40 characters?
Demons are red humans with horns.

Vampries are pale humans with pointy teeth.

Goblins are short humans with green skin.

The Grim Reaper is a human sans flesh.

Etc.

Now, I'm not writing this to be dismissive, negative, or contrary, but I am saying that if you want to argue that Soraka still counts as a human, then goblins are still humans as well.

The formula for most sentient fantasy races is that you take a human base and modify it. If you want more such races that is fine and dandy, but I don't think goblins/vampires/demons/oh my are any less "human" than the angels/goats/frakenstein/ you dismissed above.