The Reason Riot Prioritized DOMINION

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

srsizzy

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vreith View Post
did you ever think it was maybe a way to get all the bads who don't know what a ward is, map awareness counter jungleing etc out of ranked and into something they can understand, mashing keys in the general direction of the enemy, and even if you not the best players there's heal points speed points and you can capture points instead of actually killing stuff

those people may hate normal/ranked and blame there team all the time for being bad (when in truth it's them) can now go play dominion and not worry about jungler ganks or being seen by a ward while they think there sneaking around and get caught. or going stealing there blue was a fantastic idea just cause it spawned even tho there whole team is up...

remember morde es#1
Yeah, pretty much what I mean. Also, new players will gravitate toward Dominion over Summoner's Rift.

And what the **** is with the downvotes. I am NOT bashing Dominion. Nor am I bashing Riot, nor am I bashing LoL, nor am I saying I will ever play DotA 2 or defending that game. I am just pointing out why Riot would make Dominion before Magma Chamber. Jesus Christ.

Danmal

08-04-2011

I'm just glad they released this over magma chamber. I personally had about as much interest in playing MC as I do in playing TT. I'd much prefer that they concentrate on tweaking SR and giving us these fun game modes. All they need to do is introduce match making for ARAM and I'll be happy.

EDIT: Actually as a serious LoL player why would you prefer MC over dominion?

srsizzy

08-04-2011

"I think that people that haven't played League of Legends will really enjoy it -- it's more accessible and just really exciting." - Tom Cadwell (Riot Designer)

Just about the only point I'm trying to make for people who wonder why Magma Chamber isn't being worked on.

Mylon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Upvoted the OP because I think Dominion is a good move overall. I'm just tired of promises and want something NOW.

Though, Dominion is making me think of this one game I played a long time ago, it was an action game with cards that govern the 3 basic attacks and stuff and was a forgettable korean free to play game. Been forever since I played it. But this game mode reminds me of that game again.

Crappey

08-04-2011

Did tom really say whats the playability of a new map (magma chamber)....how long have we been playing summoners rift for

What a bs statement

srsizzy

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylon View Post
Upvoted the OP because I think Dominion is a good move overall. I'm just tired of promises and want something NOW.
Thanks, glad to see I went from -13 to 0 after posting a video in which a Rioter verified the priorities they have over there. Obviously he didn't say anything about worrying about DotA 2, but I think Riot is smart enough to worry.

I think it makes sense that once they came up with idea for Dominion a year ago, they decided they needed to innovate and create something new before perfecting what already exists. They've realized that putting co-op in made the game more accessible, and so obviously putting an easier and quicker game mode in would do the same thing.

They attempted this with 3's, and it failed because they were trying to shrink something that you can't really shrink. Dominion is a great idea to achieve what they needed to bring in more players and keep casual players in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerxPwn View Post
Did tom really say whats the playability of a new map (magma chamber)....how long have we been playing summoners rift for

What a bs statement
I agree completely, I think he's really understating what Magma Chamber would be worth to dedicated LoL players. They went for the path that pleases dedicated LoL players, casual players, and new players instead. Makes sense, but kind of sucks for the few of us that really want an update on the game type we really love.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

Stop having fun, guys!

Frankstg

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integrity View Post
Thank god get all the baddies out of my ranked games
exactly what I've been thinking

all the feeders that ruin my elo are gonna play some capture the flag now instead THANKS

Carl Lazlo

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticRaven View Post
I hardly think this game-mode is to keep their player-base.

It's a free-game, with an incredible community,.
stopped reading

Zeful

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerxPwn View Post

What a bs statement
Except it's a valid concern. Summoner's Rift is the map everyone knows. For Magma Chamber to compete within the player base, it needs to be something wholly unique that you can't get in SR. It's why Twisted Treeline failed so spectacularly. It didn't add anything new or unique, save for losing more than a third of a normal team. TT was simply 1/3 less map than SR and suffered for it.