New Item: Ultimatum

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDowny

05-03-2010

Item Name: Ultimatum

Item Description: Unique Activation: Ultimatum will reset the cool down time on your ultimate skill on activation, cool down time for ultimatum is 3 minutes.
(Channeling For 1.5 Seconds May also be added as an affective balancing tool)

Cost Of Item: 3200 Gold.

Pros: Item resets cool downs for ultimates, greatly enhancing champions such as annie, shaco, shen and others..

Cons: Cost of item for the one effect. Long Cool Down Time, Takes up an item slot. Useless for heroes with passive ultimates...

Reason This is a balanced item: The Cost of gold as well the cool down time makes this a high skill late game item, can be stopped by silence and stuns just like any other skill, having an item that adds only one benefit every 3 minutes will decrease the ap/dps of champions that would normally fill the item slot with a different item.

Please let me know what you think and post your opinion.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

05-03-2010

Refresher Orb is totally OP in the hands of certain spells... Ya, I'm looking at you Thor and Rootfellen (DotA "rage" over).

So this is a stand alone item? No parts to build up to it? Most people won't really buy it then, unless they are already roflstomping, which makes it superfluous.

Every Karthus will definitely get one. Zil would be a good (but not "near broken") candidate. Amumu will probably get one too.

Fluffy1

05-04-2010

hmm shaco with 2 clones or annie with 2 bears, games not designed to control more than 1 pet at a time, would casue the first one to die or likely cause lots of bugs, but i do like the idea of choagth 2 shoting people with double feast :P

BigDowny

05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
hmm shaco with 2 clones or annie with 2 bears, games not designed to control more than 1 pet at a time, would casue the first one to die or likely cause lots of bugs, but i do like the idea of choagth 2 shoting people with double feast :P
i was thinking more of when the first ultimate is over, then you can use.. not two tibbers at once.. or 2 clones.

BigDowny

05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Refresher Orb is totally OP in the hands of certain spells... Ya, I'm looking at you Thor and Rootfellen (DotA "rage" over).

So this is a stand alone item? No parts to build up to it? Most people won't really buy it then, unless they are already roflstomping, which makes it superfluous.

Every Karthus will definitely get one. Zil would be a good (but not "near broken") candidate. Amumu will probably get one too.

It would be a standalone item, and i think people would use it quite often, but if you wanted to improve it make the passive a 15% cd reduction.

R3coil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

yeah a definite side passive while its on cooldown since it is a standalone...more incentive to actually USE the item and in reference to zil using this...he has recall...seriously unnecissary if hes a good zil he only needs one....

again with the double ult...for shaco/annie/mord/other people with pet ult....how would you control the second one because it would definately be used for such a thing with annie...being an annie player and what not...also the side effect for 3200 could be made up of some other items such as cooldown items that arent really used for much else then deathfire (ahem the pick)

BigDowny

05-04-2010

As i said in a previous post, i was thinking more that when the first ulti is finished then u can use the item... so lets say for annie, when tibbers dies, or fades out then the item is usable, same for shacos double...

but think of the possibilities for shen, gangplank, kennen and a few others.

WhitemageofDOOM

05-05-2010

3200 gold in a lump sum is too much, no one will get it. Needs to be built off something.
Tear of the goddess + Fiendish codex maybe?

But a "Refresh your ult" clickie certainly isn't a terrible idea.