Please don't pull a Blizzard and only balance for one mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koopatroopa

08-04-2011

I was a long time WoW player and it urked me to no end when Blizzard made changes to classes specifically for one mode (arena/pve) and not even look at how the change affects the other.

I'm sure you guys know what you are doing but all I'm saying is that please look at both modes as equal when you make a change.

Linkkie3

08-04-2011

I don't completly agree with OP about the WoW part :P
But yeah, they've already said they'll balance through items.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1055227

Browse the other threads before making one.

They're already switching up some summoner spells and items to balance it. Starting set-ups will also be very different. They've done a lot to balance it.
However, there is no ranked Dominion (according to the thread), while Twisted Treeline has ranked 3v3. I don't see why Dominion would get special treatment in this case.

Dominion is likely to have a lot of emphasis on 5v5 big team fights during the "late game" just like Summoner's Rift. The balancing would be fairly similar; even if you tried to find differences in balance, they'll probably be negligible.

Lady Riolyne

08-04-2011

They already said somewhere that Summoner's Rift is what they will be balancing for

Enemy Minion

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolyne View Post
They already said somewhere that Summoner's Rift is what they will be balancing for
Mundo disagrees.

jambreeder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
That was in regards to 5v5 vs 3v3. They haven't reiterated this in relation to Dominion.

Garridy

08-04-2011

Yes, Dominion will be balanced independently from SR and TT.

Vreith

08-04-2011

Quote:
Shaco disagrees