Implementing Kalamda?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Copy and Paste from Lore Section, this may or may not belong here, but whatever.

Alright, so everyone should have seen the map, and the game-mode, and blah blah blah.

Kalamda is now a Dominion Mode League of Legends Field of Justice (Mouthful eh?)

I'm curious now, if the city is inside a bubble that has frozen all the soldiers, and they have to go in with precision, and safely get the forces from either side out of the city, then how exactly does a match happen inside this bubble.

Not to mention so many people brought up the concept of them getting chrono displacia or whatever Zilean has.

How is the League itself going to implement Kalamda into the list of places to have League Sanctioned Battles.

According to the JoJ the area is like super dangerous and un-stable or something, and yet there's going to be League Matches inside? Odd.

Another thing: Who / How are the individual locations chosen to fight. While we have Twisted Treeline and Summoner's Rift, the only "Official" battle we've seen thus far is on Summoner's rift.

Oddly, we have heard a few generic battles on Twisted Treeline (Maokai's appearance) but no reasoning behind the match itself (What political strife was being fought for?)

Is Kalamda going to be just a game-play style area instead of a lore focus?

Will City-State battles always consist of Summoner's Rift fights?

How are there generic fights (Like the one Maokai was in) if the League only functions for political situations?

Questions questions questions.

OmniknightJohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

I imagine that the place becomes a battlefield once the chrono displacement is removed. Skarner himself is a product of that powerful magic, and creation of Nexi (Nexuses?) is probably another side effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticRaven View Post
Another thing: Who / How are the individual locations chosen to fight. While we have Twisted Treeline and Summoner's Rift, the only "Official" battle we've seen thus far is on Summoner's rift.

Oddly, we have heard a few generic battles on Twisted Treeline (Maokai's appearance) but no reasoning behind the match itself (What political strife was being fought for?)

Is Kalamda going to be just a game-play style area instead of a lore focus?

Will City-State battles always consist of Summoner's Rift fights?

How are there generic fights (Like the one Maokai was in) if the League only functions for political situations?

Questions questions questions.
I imagine that, lore wise, the battle arena is agreed upon by the two disagreeing political parties. In the event that neither side can come to an agreement, it probably comes down to a coin toss.

Who says that Twisted Treeline battles are generic? They didn't mention what was being fought over when Maokai appeared, but they also didn't mention what was being fought over when Renekton appeared, and chased down Nasus in Summoner's Rift. Just because they don't mention the specific dispute (which could be as simple as rights to dam a river that runs through Noxus and Demacia), doesn't mean they're not there.

There's no reason that City State disputes can't be solved in the Crystal Scar, just like they're currently solved in Summoner's Rift and Twisted Treeline.

MajesticRaven

08-04-2011

A new JoJ just came up in game client adressing my original points. The rest of them I understand now. XD