@Riot - Does Crystal Scar mean that Twisted Treeline is being abandoned?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreampod

08-04-2011

Since the beginning of Twisted Treeline players have been begging for a unique to map item shop and possible overall rules changes (like less effective Armor/MR) so that it could be a balanced and playable map. Now Crystal Scar has been announced and has the same high action, small skirmishes, shorter game time features that made TT interesting.

Does the release of CS mean that TT is never going to receive the attention to make it a interesting and balanced map that is competitively playable with most champions? Or now that CS is released is the map team going to be able to transfer some of those features (like the unique item shop) to TT and work on redesigning portions so that extreme stalemates don't occur at the Nexus and champions without wallcrossing abilities are more viable?

Edit: Reposted in more appropriate forum.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

Items in Crystal Scar will be balanced around early game mobility power.

Transport CS items into TT and get rid of the problematic tank and madred's items from TT.

Balance, perhaps?

Dreampod

08-04-2011

That would be nice.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-04-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Supporting Dominion is not incompatible with improving the play balance on Twisted Treeline, though you'd have to ask Morello as to when the Live team is going to tackle that.

Amariithynar

08-05-2011

There was a red post earlier that said some of the item changes of Dominion will be applied to TT. I believe that it was Morello, but not sure.

Thisdude1

08-05-2011

as an excluse TT play i would b very interested and please to see tt get some love

HatLlama

08-05-2011

TT was abandoned a very long time ago.

Shadowsaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

I play TT to lane with some trational junglers like Udyr. I really dont like the responsibility of jungling on 5v5.

I will always like 3's but will prob never look back once this comes out.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

well TT well be just there incase anyone ask about it

i dont recommend riot to pay attention to TT just leave it as a secondary map as it is

while SR and CS be tier 1

there is nothing possible to do with TT

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amariithynar View Post
There was a red post earlier that said some of the item changes of Dominion will be applied to TT. I believe that it was Morello, but not sure.
Yeah, he said yesterday that the altered item shop inventory and general balance changes to the map would eventually carry over to Twisted Treeline as well.

Hopefully they can get the map balanced to the point where there's an incentive to play with a team comp of something other than three tanky mens led by Mundo.

As I said, removing the tanky mens items from the map should help it a lot (and it's what I originally suggested while TT was in beta).