So I got the very strong impression from Twitter feeds that magma chamber was coming

First Riot Post
12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fredgerd

08-04-2011

Like next week. I now have to ask, were you guys trolling and its actually Dominion mode? Does this mean magma chamber isn't happening? For clarification I'm totally psyched for dominion but I want to know what magma chamber's status is.

Also I distinctly remember a Rioter (Shurelia I think?) saying "Not Soon(TM), This Week!" but then on this board it was stated that Dominion's deadline is not going to be publicly stated.

So yeah, basically is magma chamber scrapped, shelved, soon(TM) or next week? Is dominion a replacement for magma chamber or just something else?

RBomb19

08-04-2011

Nothing big is actually happening this week. The announcement of Dominion was the big deal. So yeah, a little misleading but still, this is kind of a huge announcement.

The Real Snow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

I thought Magma Chamber got cancelled =/

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

Magma Chamber was shelved because it didn't change gameplay enough. It's not canceled and they may still come back to it, but don't expect it. If this catches on, expect more new modes than new maps for old modes.

The Real Snow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
Magma Chamber was shelved because it didn't change gameplay enough. It's not canceled and they may still come back to it, but don't expect it. If this catches on, expect more new modes than new maps for old modes.
I personally think that new modes are better then new maps. Its like on CoD when people only play TDM, it gets boring. Looking forward to this.

roflcopter9000

08-04-2011

I don't know where i read this but I do know that it was from a riot employee. I heard that Dominion will be released shortly after the PAX event on the 21st of August. So I think it would be safe to assume that we will see Dominion playable to the public sometime in September.

As for the Magma Chamber the last I heard about it is that it was delayed to work on more important things and there is no estimated time of it's arrival.

Hope that helps.

-------------------------------------------------

Why downvote this? I dont see anything wrong with this post.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-04-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Sorry you got that impression. A lot of us have been excited for a long time about this awesome game mode, and for us it was a big deal to be able to finally talk about it. Hell, I've been dodging "Why haven't you been making champions?" posts since back in January. That excitement got transferred to twitter which unfortunately without context got interpreted the wrong way.

Ultimately we're all really excited about releasing a new map and game mode to you guys, and we're confident you will be really happy with what we have here.

RBomb19

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Sorry you got that impression. A lot of us have been excited for a long time about this awesome game mode, and for us it was a big deal to be able to finally talk about it. Hell, I've been dodging "Why haven't you been making champions?" posts since back in January. That excitement got transferred to twitter which unfortunately without context got interpreted the wrong way.

Ultimately we're all really excited about releasing a new map and game mode to you guys, and we're confident you will be really happy with what we have here.
We are excited, and I'm really pumped to hear this announcement. But it was misleading to say that we should be expecting something big to come this week. You could have mentioned it was an announcement, and quite frankly should have given the large number of upcoming features the community is expecting. I'm sorry to say it, but as much as you guys love having good community relations (which we appreciate), your communication skills could use some work across the board.

Fredgerd

08-04-2011

All that hype for an anouncement??? =/ I'm glad that they have this in the works and all but... kinda a let down from making us think we were getting magma chamber this week. Nice avatar BTW. Gentleman Cho es #1.

This thread is now about Rammus Attachment 238995

The Real Snow

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredgerd View Post
This thread is now about Rammus
Ok.

12345 ... 11