Dominion: a comprehensive look (or as comprehensive as we can get)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Antomat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Excellent info, thanks for taking the time to bring it together.

Rammus, Sona, Sivir, Master Yi, Ezreal, Ashe, Miss Fortune, Blitzcrank

There are sooo many awesome champs that can truly do amazing in this mode, the REALLY interesting bit for me is minion spawning when you have a node.

How many minions? do minions attack each un-owned point? can you have multiple waves from multiple nodes?

Other than that I'm just waiting for videos from pax, I can't attend, got 2 jobs to keep :_(

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

08-05-2011

wow my though,
madred bloodrazor removed but deathfire grasp still here. o.o nerf carry more ! ah but it's because there is no minion/jungle so wriggle removed too ?

new banshee very op to the max, i always prefered fon to banshee for my tanky dps, but the 10% less magical dmg is imba and the 600extra dmg so good, also is it aoe ? if it is omg i'm sure it gonna be nerfed into the ground, because fon is totally useless compared to op banshee. but i have to agree it's a nerf of banshee for carry tho.

btw biggest change is def the removal of madred bloodrazor, it will make so many champion unviable (all on hit champ hero like teemo, kog maw) well except if the new on hit item that chain lightning is better

Karandor

Adjudicator

08-05-2011

Mundo is going to dominate this map. Hard to kill, nigh-immune to CC and incredible sustained health.

Mundo captures what he pleases.

Adel Dijerek

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandor View Post
Mundo is going to dominate this map. Hard to kill, nigh-immune to CC and incredible sustained health.

Mundo captures what he pleases.
He's going to be a flop. What matters in this map isn't speed but rather the ability to take on isolated enemies and win. Irelia or Xin would school him, as would Mordekaiser, who should be one of the top picks because if you 1v1 him his Q melts your face off. Mundo doesn't have what it takes to solo a tough bruiser.

BadgerBarrage

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adel Dijerek View Post
He's going to be a flop. What matters in this map isn't speed but rather the ability to take on isolated enemies and win..
Dunno, speed seems rather important. Especially given the quick capture times on points.

Lark Ohiya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee Squared View Post
What about faking? Say you know the enemy has a ward someone. Send one person toward one tower. Rest of team fakes toward another. The guy goes the long way but jukes the other team. 5 people arrive at their tower to defend but no one comes for a few minutes. Mean while their other towers are getting owned. GG
you mean that thing you do when the enemy team INSISTS on being one big group so you send someone top lane to push. meanwhile everyone else gots bot and mid and takes a tower?

that? oh yeah its called playing the game and not being teamfight central. wish people would do this more on my team....

BadgerBarrage

08-05-2011

@OP: Could you update the first post with Brackhar's confirmation that wards are currently disabled in Dominion?

Edit: Page 5

TheFailBus

08-05-2011

Should see some interesting team compositions when it comes to full teams.

I can see the "jungler" role in a summoner's being replaced by a sweeper, a fast moving, easy to escape hero who runs around on their own grabbing unguarded points and trying to make the enemy team run from place to place. With the other 4 acting as a group to fight/capture/defend.

Zkaiser

08-05-2011

I just saw Morde pick up a Health Pack. I'm Ashe and what is this?

Genotoxic

08-05-2011

i cant wait for this to come out.