Dominion: a comprehensive look (or as comprehensive as we can get)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeta

08-04-2011

Quote:
very excited. Janna will be the best support for this map, I also see boots of mobility being core on everyone.

I don't think backdooring will be viable. Its hard to say because while you can stealthly take a node, you really can't hold it and It will be taken back quickly. I can see master yi then being at the vanguard, capturing a node quickly before anyone can react, giving the time for his teammates to reinforce for the eventual skirmish.
I suspect boots of mobility will be banned.

One of the article reports said that Dominion allows supports to actually farm AP items, and people were surprised at the amount of damage supports were putting out with a complete AP kit. Supports are probably the character class that will play the most different between the two modes.

Voiso

08-04-2011

Hextech Sweeper reminds me of the various "sweeper" abilities in RTS games. Where, when activated, you are able to remove the fog of war in a part of the map, basically clairvoyance. Maybe a real short version of clairvoyance on a fairly low cooldown? Could be neat since wards are probably not useable.

Dreampod

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
I suspect boots of mobility will be banned.

One of the article reports said that Dominion allows supports to actually farm AP items, and people were surprised at the amount of damage supports were putting out with a complete AP kit. Supports are probably the character class that will play the most different between the two modes.
Yeah getting to see how support play out when they aren't giving up their cs to their allies and forced to handle the teams warding should be very rewarding. My personal bets are that Karma and Soroka are gonna blow peoples pants off and we will see people playing a attack speed tanky dps Taric.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-04-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

We'll be releasing a lot more info as we move towards PAX. That being said, to clear up the confusion in the OP Wards are are currently disabled on the map. Clairvoyance is still available as a Summoner spell though.

Voiso

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
Yeah getting to see how support play out when they aren't giving up their cs to their allies and forced to handle the teams warding should be very rewarding. My personal bets are that Karma and Soroka are gonna blow peoples pants off and we will see people playing a attack speed tanky dps Taric.
Yeah, though I can see a good Taric tank just solo defending a tower from 3 enemy champions too.

Synthesse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

bump

xerav

08-05-2011

Fast moving teams will rule .. zilean/sona shaco

Validan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2011

We got a pinky swear! Very soon after pax! Pinky swear!

Adel Dijerek

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiso View Post
Hextech Sweeper reminds me of the various "sweeper" abilities in RTS games. Where, when activated, you are able to remove the fog of war in a part of the map, basically clairvoyance. Maybe a real short version of clairvoyance on a fairly low cooldown? Could be neat since wards are probably not useable.
Chiming in to say that yes, Hextech Sweeper is actually a ward item for AP characters. The idea was pitched a while back in the Something Awful LoL megathread, and picked up by Brackhar directly. If it hasn't been changed much, it builds from Kage's Lucky Pick and allows you to place wards that last about 15 seconds or so at a rapid rate (either 15 or 30 seconds). It's gonna be great for controlling chokepoints when you have to get outta there quick to cover another spot but want to retain vision within a brush or something, or if you just want to check a bush without going in face first.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

08-05-2011

nice bro u were really helpful