Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion: a comprehensive look (or as comprehensive as we can get)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magma Armor0

08-04-2011

Quote:
Dreampod:
Watching the IGN video I noticed that killing enemy players takes a small amount of health away from the enemy Nexus. When Orianna is killed at the 2:00 mark there is small red text that reads "Number of kills: 2. -2 Nexus Health for Order".

My assumption is that the two are related but without more detail it could be that it snowballs so that the enemy loses more Nexus health each time they are killed or is an anti-snowball mechanic that is based on the number of kills that character had previously made.

it's possible that could be the completion of one of the "quests" that had been previously mentioned. not sure. thanks for bringing it to my attention though!

Dreampod

08-04-2011

Quote:
Magma Armor0:
it's possible that could be the completion of one of the "quests" that had been previously mentioned. not sure. thanks for bringing it to my attention though!

I don't think so, I went through again watching for them and saw it pop a couple more times. It is just quite subtle in the chaos of a fight. The other times it was just "-2 Nexus Health for Order" though without the number of kills. Might be the kills were for a quest or something else or just that those were from different builds of the map.

Magma Armor0

08-04-2011

Quote:
Dreampod:
I don't think so, I went through again watching for them and saw it pop a couple more times. It is just quite subtle in the chaos of a fight.

yeah, I saw it just now too...must be a rule then.
was it 2 every time that you saw it? it was for me...

added, thanks for the info.

FeyChey

08-04-2011

very excited. Janna will be the best support for this map, I also see boots of mobility being core on everyone.

I don't think backdooring will be viable. Its hard to say because while you can stealthly take a node, you really can't hold it and It will be taken back quickly. I can see master yi then being at the vanguard, capturing a node quickly before anyone can react, giving the time for his teammates to reinforce for the eventual skirmish.

Magma Armor0

08-04-2011

Quote:
FeyChey:
very excited. Janna will be the best support for this map, I also see boots of mobility being core on everyone.

I don't think backdooring will be viable. Its hard to say because while you can stealthly take a node, you really can't hold it and It will be taken back quickly. I can see master yi then being at the vanguard, capturing a node quickly before anyone can react, giving the time for his teammates to reinforce for the eventual skirmish.

Janna will be AWESOME on this map.
and backdooring may be more viable than you'd think; bding in SR you just destroy the turret.
but in Dominion, you control it. The turret itself becomes a reinforcement.

Dreampod

08-04-2011

Quote:
FeyChey:

Given how fast points were dropping off the Nexus in the videos I can see it being worthwhile backdooring a point if it is going to take them 30 seconds to reposition to take it back. Particularly if they currently have a 3-2 point advantage, your team is going to get 30 seconds where they are taking damage instead of you which could swing a match. The other thing is that most stealth characters will win in a 1v1 so if they don't send multiple people to recapture you can just kill them and if they do they've weakened themselves at least two players elsewhere just to counter 1.

Magma Armor0

08-04-2011

Quote:
Dreampod:
Given how fast points were dropping off the Nexus in the videos I can see it being worthwhile backdooring a point if it is going to take them 30 seconds to reposition to take it back. Particularly if they currently have a 3-2 point advantage, your team is going to get 30 seconds where they are taking damage instead of you which could swing a match. The other thing is that most stealth characters will win in a 1v1 so if they don't send multiple people to recapture you can just kill them and if they do they've weakened themselves at least two players elsewhere just to counter 1.

yeah, going from 3-2 to 2-3 is a double whammy...your opponent stops taking damage and you start taking it instead...
also, time for sleep for me. if you like this thread, bump it in my absence.

FeyChey

08-04-2011

Quote:
Dreampod:

I guess thats true, my assumption probably came from the long capture times that you normally see in this game mode. It was stated though that this is going to be a fast cap. I wonder if you have to take a node from red colour to grey colour (neutral) and finally to green colour like how it works in battlefield (as an example)

XxKittenMeowxX

08-05-2011

Good list. Answered a lot of questions I had. I would add that it will be a 5v5 somewhere in the first post.

Lord Mathrotus

08-05-2011

Wait really? They're brining promote back? Woot!