Dominion: a comprehensive look (or as comprehensive as we can get)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2011

so, Alidardeath, what are your thoughts for a good team composition?
I'm thinking you need 1 "backdoor" champ, 2 "laning" champs, a "carry" champ to win teamfights, and an "interrupt" champ to disrupt capture attempts with a global/very longrange ult.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-23-2011
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alidardeath View Post
Jozrael seems to be saying that the threshold for point loss from kills and neutralizing points is 125 in this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1268527

Not sure if you still plan to add stuff like that though.

Got to play yesterday and it was amazing! I either need to play a less tanky singed or simply play someone else b/c the way I was playing him was only good for ninjaing points. Had some good times as Kog though
Is it 100? I could be mistaken. I'll check later.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BadgerBarrage

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
Is it 100? I could be mistaken. I'll check later.
From what I can tell, it looks like that figure was taken from something said or seen in one of the livestreams/videos during gamescom...

@Magma: I do like the idea of an interrupt champ, but I think a fast assassin can fulfill the role nearly as well. (Though the characters with globals would often be good picks to fill one of the carry or assassin roles.) Other than that I pretty much agree. As long as the "Laning" champs aren't actually trying to farm minions and are more focused on capturing/defending points.

I feel like minions can and should be ignored by most everyone unless you can kill them with very little effort. They are useful for capping if they get to a point with you, but they are rarely able to take points themselves and aren't usually worth the time commitment to kill.

Edit: Looked through some gamescom streams and it's definitely over 100 so you're probably right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alidardeath View Post
From what I can tell, it looks like that figure was taken from something said or seen in one of the livestreams/videos during gamescom...

@Magma: I do like the idea of an interrupt champ, but I think a fast assassin can fulfill the role nearly as well. (Though the characters with globals would often be good picks to fill one of the carry or assassin roles.) Other than that I pretty much agree. As long as the "Laning" champs aren't actually trying to farm minions and are more focused on capturing/defending points.

I feel like minions can and should be ignored by most everyone unless you can kill them with very little effort. They are useful for capping if they get to a point with you, but they are rarely able to take points themselves and aren't usually worth the time commitment to kill.

Edit: Looked through some gamescom streams and it's definitely over 100 so you're probably right.
updated to 125, and I agree about a fast assassin, esp. since that could double as a second backdoorer.

minions, in general, can be safely ignored except for 2 things:
1. anti-tower cannon minions or whatever they're called (the promoted minion)
2. minions have no channel time to start capping a point. I've been interrupted on a point with just a sliver more needed and had minions finish the job for me (and net me a kill on the guy who towerdived).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dazzel

Member

09-26-2011

From the look of the new items it appears AP legends were srsly neglected, 1 new item for them as and all the rest for AD and the only new defensive item has MR. Not to mention for a map that seems to support AD carries as king, why give them 15% pen as opposed to only 5% to AP?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzel View Post
From the look of the new items it appears AP legends were srsly neglected, 1 new item for them as and all the rest for AD and the only new defensive item has MR. Not to mention for a map that seems to support AD carries as king, why give them 15% pen as opposed to only 5% to AP?
you have a point there...I'm not sure exactly why that is...
hrmm....
makes me sad, because I usually play casters and tanks.