Dominion: a comprehensive look (or as comprehensive as we can get)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hawkraider

08-07-2011

double

and I believe that somewhere I learned that the enemy nexus takes 1 point of damage when an enemy capture is interupted, you may want to add that, as right now you just say damage

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

updated for 1 point of damage, and your vote has been tallied, but I'll wait to see a few other votes before I change anything.
thanks for contributing!

dirrwen

08-07-2011

Bump

also, props magma, for making this amazing compilation. my friend just got back form vacation, and he hasnt heard about dominion yet! i just linked him to this post :3

Zepy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

i just hope they get around to making another map like sommoners rift. i'm not saying that this new game type is a bad thing, but theres a reason that we all decided to play this game, and i hope they dont stray to far from their roots

TheUlf

08-07-2011

Awesome work tracking and compiling all this!

emasheqt

08-07-2011

why didnt riot do this on their main website?

rumples

08-07-2011

Heres my stab at #5, sry if its been addressed already.

Starting at lvl 3 will likely give per lvl runes the same benefit as they always give you at 3, making them equalize with flat runes even faster. I expect to see a lot of these with the exception of quints since most of them even out at much higher levels making them kind of dumb.In general the early game boost you get from flats runes will probably be a lot less attractive on this map.

Magma Armor0

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
Heres my stab at #5, sry if its been addressed already.

Starting at lvl 3 will likely give per lvl runes the same benefit as they always give you at 3, making them equalize with flat runes even faster. I expect to see a lot of these with the exception of quints since most of them even out at much higher levels making them kind of dumb.In general the early game boost you get from flats runes will probably be a lot less attractive on this map.
agreed, but with games only lasting 20 minutes, will it be worth going for the rune if you're only going to get 2 minutes at level 18?

it's an interesting way to balance it, and I don't think I'm going to know if they did a good job until I actually PLAY the game.

btw, anyone in this thread going to PAX or GAMESCON or whatever they are that can get me info from them?

BubbleFusion

08-07-2011

hump

Sage19

08-07-2011

I think this type of of gameplay would really favor tanks, and allow them to make a comeback in the game. For example, capture a point and plunk a shen/rammus/leona down and watch the enemy team try and take it from you. If they try and channel simply taunt/stun them, interrupting their channel and scoring your team a point. For added effectiveness add a support character.