People who say dominion sucks can suck it

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Outlaw Torn

10-09-2011

I have seen so many threads that knock dominion. Personally, I love dominion. But that doesn't mean I can't love SR as well. Most of the threads that speak negatively about dominion are directly comparing it to SR. The problem here is that they are so different they can't be compared. Comparing dominion and SR is like comparing Albert Pujols to Tom Brady. For those who don't care for sports, it's like comparing the Halo series to WoW. This comparison causes a buttload of problems.

Dominion is meant for times when you can't spend 45 minutes of your day playing a game of LoL. It's extremely fast-paced, requires split-second decision making, and consists of its own unique roles. Fights are small, 2 to 3 champs at a time. Yesterday I won a game 3 to 0. It was extremely intense, my heart was racing, and everyone, including the other team, had a blast. This has been the case in most of the games I played.

SR, on the other hand, is for a whole different situation. Good games of SR are at least 45 minutes, several lasting over an hour. Games are very slow, strategies can develop over a good period of time (about a minute or so), and has very different roles from dominion. Games of SR I have played are still very exciting, but for different reasons. Those large team fights are incredibly intense. Losing teams, for the most part, are unkind to the winning team, and vice versa.

People have said that dominion is for the unskilled. That's BS. These people themselves are not good at dominion and fair well at SR. Again these game types are too different. If someone is good at Halo, it does not mean they will be good at CoD (I personally hate CoD but this is for sake of argument). Then that particular person goes and says CoD is for the unskilled (which may or may not be true (: ). The point is there is no merit behind the claim.

EDIT: I'm not complaining that people don't like the game mode. Opinions are opinions because everyone has their own. I'm saying that those who say they don't like it without a real argument or compare it to SR are foolish and have not done much thinking.

TL;DR
Dominion and SR can't be compared due to the degree of their differences

Tautochrone

10-09-2011

Cool name, Brah.

The Outlaw Torn

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tautochrone View Post
Cool name, Brah.
Thanks broski. Insta-buying the new champ cuz of his title lmao

The Outlaw Torn

10-09-2011

shameful bump ):

Evìloreo

10-09-2011

people dont like it because they dont like change.

Dominion is fantastic if you just want to get a quick LoL fix since the longest dominion games are the shortest SR games.

SR is great if you have the time to play a match that may or may not go to an hour.

I would just give it some time and let it grow on people

The Outlaw Torn

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evloreo View Post
people dont like it because they dont like change.

Dominion is fantastic if you just want to get a quick LoL fix since the longest dominion games are the shortest SR games.

SR is great if you have the time to play a match that may or may not go to an hour.

I would just give it some time and let it grow on people
Totally agree. In the mean time, however, we can do our best to further that process along by talking among the community about this issue.

Sincity96

10-09-2011

well in my opinion dominion is the crapest peice of ****. There is no stradegy and really anyone can excell at it if there team isnt a bunch of fagots. Fun but riot should have just made mag,a chamber (10v10 summoners rift style). It would have been a better sucess and wouldnt have brought them more money.

The Outlaw Torn

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincity96 View Post
There is no stradegy and really anyone can excell at it if there team isnt a bunch of fagots.
As of right now this can hold true in many cases. Thats because dominion is so new. I bet you can ask anyone who was part of the beta and they would say this was the case on SR. These strategies develop over time once people learn the game mode.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

If they don't like it, they don't like it. Honestly, I'm not going to get bent out of shape because someone doesn't like the same gamemode that I do. I just wish that everyone who suddenly discovered that they don't care for Dominion after playing a half-dozen games didn't feel the urge to come here and post a new thread titled either:

"Dominion...A Failure?"

or

"Dominion Unbalanced, Sucks"

or

"Dominion takes no skill"

or

"Nobody on the GD/SR forums likes Dom."

Ragnar Draconus

10-10-2011

I wanted to like it, but I can't do it. There are blatantly OP champs and the community refuses to learn how to play a territories based game type. Everyone I've seen just chases others around for kills. Or attempts to push the minion wave when the point they are going after is unguarded.

And don't even get me started on people refusing to stay and defend points. No, Dominion will go the ways of twisted treeline by this holiday season.