Banned/New Item Speculation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

Quote:
All of the game's champions will be available right away in Dominion ("That was the goal from the beginning," says lead designer Richard Hough), with all of the same spells they'll have in Summoner's Rift. The responsibility for balance, then, will fall mostly on the game's items -- some items aren't available to play with in Dominion, and vice versa.

Madred's Razor, for example, is one popular item that's locked out for Dominion. "There's much less of a focus on the laning phase in Dominion," says George, "and furthermore the concept of how the jungle works is much different. There aren't really neutral creeps, where Madred's is really helpful." One of the new weapons is called Ionic Spark. It adds health and attack speed, as well as a proc that does a chain lightning attack to a few nearby enemies.
That means no:
Madred's Razor
Madred's Bloodrazor
Wriggle's Lantern

I suspect extremely late-game carry items that require charges to build are also going to be absent. That means we probably won't see:
Warmog's Armor
Rod of Ages
Tear of the Goddess
Archangel's Staff
Manamune
Atma's Impaler
Bloodthirster

Boots of Mobility will probably be removed for balance reasons.

These are just the ones that come most readily to mind.

Riot should have/should still rebalance the item shop in Twisted Treeline, too.

BobbyMcWho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Bump

JGVariety

08-04-2011

The possibility of | likeliness of no Tear of the Goddess, Archangel's Staff, Manamune, make Ryze and Blitzcrank sad. Rod of Ages and Bloodthirster will hurt a few AP / AD Carries. Then again, the New Items should Balance that out in a way...hopefully :P

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

I'm sure there will be new chunky mana and mage items that don't need charges. They did say the layout and item shop were balanced out with most every Champion in mind.

B2tharocksax

08-04-2011

An item that will send out a wave just disrupting anyone in the area from taking over a turret for a set amout of time.... includes your own team too.... would love this item...

Steelflame

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2tharocksax View Post
An item that will send out a wave just disrupting anyone in the area from taking over a turret for a set amout of time.... includes your own team too.... would love this item...
Yea... so would the trolls.

Taehoonger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Here's a new item! Odyn's Veil.

Quote:
Odyn's Veil
+350 Health +350 Mana +50 Mana Resist
UNIQUE Passive: Reduces and stores 10% of the magic damage dealt to your champion.
UNIQUE Active: Deals 200 + (stored magic) [max: 400] magic damage to nearby enemy units. 90 second cooldown.
Cost: 650
Also, Oracle's Extract.
Attachment 238973

JGVariety

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taehoonger View Post
Here's a new item! Odyn's Veil.
Also, Oracle's Extract.
Attachment 238973
-Phew-

My Galio is still happy for now he has Bonus Burst as well
Use this Before / After Ult to ensure Deaths >

BadgerDrool

08-04-2011

IF Tear is out then they'd totally need a new chunky mana item. Possibly let it into SR too. Quite frankly +Mana itemization is pretty thin. (Which imo is Ryze's biggest issue)

I somewhat speculate some of the strong early/mid game items might become problematic. Such as Executioners Calling. Which I've always felt is a really strong item for mid game. (I always get it on Trist if I take her into TT)

BadgerDrool

08-04-2011

Oracles Extract?