Is dominion going to be like AB?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Uprising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

I played Alliance Battles in Guild Wars, which was a conquest-like game type, and in that game mode there wasn't much fighting as most teams stacked ms and just captured nodes. I hear Arathi Basin (the other AB) was like this too?

The map looks quite small so hopefully this isn't a problem..

Bomb in lasagna

08-04-2011

5 zeal Janna away!!!!!

The Uprising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

That and champs with global ultimates

KarMat

08-04-2011

My concern is that of Guild Wars as well. Two strategies existed.

1. Was for all 12 players of a team to form a giant group and go from point to point face rolling it.
2. The other was a counter strategy which was to get MS and go where the giant mob wasn't and cap those points staying away from the mob and capping the completely open points avoiding fighting all together. This required great communication and teamwork which was not a staple.

If either strategy is the basis for this mode its a giant fail waiting to happen.

The Uprising

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarMat View Post
My concern is that of Guild Wars as well. Two strategies existed.

1. Was for all 12 players of a team to form a giant group and go from point to point face rolling it.
2. The other was a counter strategy which was to get MS and go where the giant mob wasn't and cap those points staying away from the mob and capping the completely open points avoiding fighting all together. This required great communication and teamwork which was not a staple.

If either strategy is the basis for this mode its a giant fail waiting to happen.
The same thing could be said about SR, it always ends with a giant 5v5 teamfight, and if you lose teamfights you just split push to the win.