Dominion looks amazing, but.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreampod

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Draconus View Post
To be quite honest, I think it will be popular for about a month and then vanish into obscurity like twisted treeline. Why? Because champions will remain balanced around Summoner's Ridge since that is what ranked goes off of.

And from the looks of it, certain champs will dominate Dominion hard.
Maybe, but Riot might also learn from their mistakes and have the alternate item store which gives them a greater ability to balance it than they did with TT.

Also why are you assuming that Dominion isn't going to have a ranked ladder? That would be completely stupid of Riot.

Gabriel Cancer

08-04-2011

I feel that I will play it during those times when I am in the mood for LoL but do not have an hour or so to burn on it.

serverny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Dominion will likely be just another place for tanky DPS with gap-closers and people will get bored of it fast.
Same way why TT is underplayed - too few champions are viable and it becomes boring fast.

Liath

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
It's a map with no farming.

So yes, people will play it.
wat

animegirl1998

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by issfire View Post
A lot of the folks we've playtested with thinks that they'll play more of dominion than Summoner's Rift when it launches. There's no grantee where players will flow.

I personally enjoy it more because Dominion gets you straight into the foray right away and the action never stops!
oh really haha

El Naphtali

03-18-2013

Wow, this is depressingly prescient thread...

Alchemy9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-18-2013

dat necro

jakeoti

03-18-2013

This thread has been dead for a long time...guess it didn't run Revive.

Tortferngatr

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by issfire View Post
A lot of the folks we've playtested with thinks that they'll play more of dominion than Summoner's Rift when it launches. There's no grantee where players will flow.

I personally enjoy it more because Dominion gets you straight into the foray right away and the action never stops!
Is this still true today?