Dominion looks amazing, but.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rebonack

08-04-2011

Ever since I started playing MOBA type games with DotA I always thought they would work well with a zone control mode.

DotA tried it a few patches back, but the zones are just slapped onto the existing map with the overall goal still the same, so it never really caught on. I expect to have a ton of fun with this new mode.

chumbler

08-04-2011

I've read that there is no banshee's veil in dominion. That alone makes it instantly better than summoner's rift.

VVVV They are balancing dominion through having different items.

civ

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth19 View Post
will people actually play it? in a few months or so, how many people will be playing dominion over a normal game at summoners rift?
More people will play it than TT because of its rumored to be quick and is a different game mode. I doubt i'll be playing it much since it's almost guaranteed to be just as imbalanced as TT, probably even more than TT.

it's a gimmick map, shoulda stuck with magma chamber Riot

zstripes

08-04-2011

I love that its fast paced, insta pvp, farming not a focus. oh and 20 minute rounds so u can do 3 in an hour.

ichi the killer

08-04-2011

I'm really happy to see this new fast paced mode added to lol. It reminds me what I liked about BLC (blood line champion). I love doing quick game that revolves more around PvP than farming PvE. +1 for creating such a mode. 20 minutes for a game sounds more reasonnable than 40-60 minutes long exhausting SR game.

Rakaydos

08-04-2011

Selection bias. If someone thought that the mode was just a gimmik, why are they following the domination foum?

Godly Tibs

08-04-2011

playing it for sure

slusho

08-04-2011

myself burnt out on SR and TT, i am very excited to play this and it will most likely respark my interests in LoL again

Orders Sol

08-04-2011

I am more inclined to play a super fast paced game that is around 20 minutes, as SR can get a little dry with all the farming and waiting for minions spawning and stuff..

As long as this gets its proper attention from the balancing team and we get a ranking system and proper IP per game, I don't see why it wouldn't be very popular.

Ragnar Draconus

08-04-2011

To be quite honest, I think it will be popular for about a month and then vanish into obscurity like twisted treeline. Why? Because champions will remain balanced around Summoner's Ridge since that is what ranked goes off of.

And from the looks of it, certain champs will dominate Dominion hard.