How will Dominion affect my queue times for classic summoner's rift?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qbr12

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

If it currently takes me 2 minutes to get into a normal game of summoner's rift, and according to a post by hohums (which got buried and i can't seem to find. if someone has a link can you please post it?) dominion is expected to be played by 50% of the playerbase, will a queue now take me 4 minutes?

If the people i get matched with are currently within 100 ELO of my ELO, will this decrease in the summoner's rift population mean I now have a 200 ELO range in both directions?

A red post regarding how Riot plans to deal with this would be much appreciated. I'm sure the playerbase isn't going to be too excited about doubled wait times for games, twice as bad allies, and twice as skilled enemies. I'm also sure Riot has thought of this and I would love to hear your plan.

genericpoop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

it takes you 2 minutes?? It normally only takes me 20 seconds. LoL has a big enough player base to support two modes so I wouldn't worry to much.

IrrationalNoob

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmeusesname View Post
it takes you 2 minutes?? It normally only takes me 20 seconds. LoL has a big enough player base to support two modes so I wouldn't worry to much.
Higher rating or full premade teams take longer.

Combining both can make it take AGES.

OP: Yes it will probably hurt a bit. Try dominion when it releases as it will be fast queue times and the modes will probably average out over the long haul.

Qbr12

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
Higher rating or full premade teams take longer.

Combining both can make it take AGES.

OP: Yes it will probably hurt a bit. Try dominion when it releases as it will be fast queue times and the modes will probably average out over the long haul.
Yeah, im not high ELO but i NEVER queue alone. This causes my wait time to skyrocket.

klarky

08-04-2011

Err, I might be wrong, but it seems that half the players would only be populating half the current games, so it would be the same.

Zaluris

08-04-2011

Is 2 more minutes THAT big of a deal? Its 120 seconds. I love the short queue times LoL has. Then again, Im used to waiting for 30 minutes in other games I play.

Root and Shaw

08-04-2011

I would like it if they increased it to 5-6 minutes for more even matches lol. You know why sometimes you rofl stomp the other team and the next game your team goes 0-15?

Dat 2 minute queue