strategy as a 5v5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

klarky

08-04-2011

while it sounds amazing, I do wonder about the strategy as it's a 5v5.

If I've read it correctly, it seems that this mode is relatively similar to the arathi basin battleground in wow, which is a 15v15 map. But because AB is a 15v15, there can be multiple small skirmishes breaking out at the capture points. I wonder if this will occur as nicely here, because if everyone on the team is attacking a defending a base, and all bases are engaged, (which they very well might be given stealth and the like) then it will be a number of 1v1s across the map. 5 1v1s to be precise.

I suppose it could be intriguing to have to completely change strategy if they have a vlad and a jax, but when I first read the map, I assumed it would be a 7v7 8v8 10v10 etc.

At first glance it seems that everyone would want to spread out 1 per base, and that even though someone could 2v1 a base, that it wouldnt be that important because of the low death timers, with that person coming back and making it a 2v2. Having them dead for a bit could be good, but where's that 6th person to assault the nexus?

Although admittedly, all the possibilities of speculation might be a positive sign.

Thoughts?

Steelflame

08-04-2011

first of all, you cant attack the enemy nexus. Second, odds are you will hold the 2 closest to your nexus, while fighting over the "midway" point that is half way between. Remember, points wont attack you while your capturing them, so no BDing risk even. This means you need to actively defend the control points. Odds are it will be 2v2 fights occuring often, rather than the big megafights at mid we are used too.

The nexus point will probably have 1 person, as they are pretty safe with the enemy focusing on gaining that mid point, the mid point will have 2 fighting over it, and the far point will have 2 there. The one from the nexus point will probably roam a bit, and just try and always get back to his point to defend.

-------------------O--------------------- Top point would be mid point.
---------- // ----------- \\ -------------
------ O ------------------- O ------- Spot just above nexus(N) the nexus point
---N-- -\ -----Jungle----- / ---N---
---------- \ --------------- / ----------
------------O_______O ------------ Far point. Farther from Nexus than nexus point, but still on your side of
------------------------------------------- the map.

Not the best art(forums dont like multiple spaces) but you should be able to see what i mean.

The Uprising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelflame View Post
first of all, you cant attack the enemy nexus. Second, odds are you will hold the 2 closest to your nexus, while fighting over the "midway" point that is half way between. Remember, points wont attack you while your capturing them, so no BDing risk even. This means you need to actively defend the control points. Odds are it will be 2v2 fights occuring often, rather than the big megafights at mid we are used too.

The nexus point will probably have 1 person, as they are pretty safe with the enemy focusing on gaining that mid point, the mid point will have 2 fighting over it, and the far point will have 2 there. The one from the nexus point will probably roam a bit, and just try and always get back to his point to defend.

Ill try and make a map of what im trying to say, give me a bit...
your making a map? In like a day? You work at like 4000000000 x the speed of Riot.