Dominion and balance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0Wolfheart0

08-04-2011

With the introduction of this new map/mode Riot is going to make balancing the game much much harder than it's ever been. So I wanted to ask Rioters: what are your priorities?

Are you going to try and make this new mode as balanced as SR, or will the map be treated like Twisted Treeline?

Also, if you're planning to balance equally between the two modes, what means are you going to use? Will we see dominion-only items, or "unpolished" things such as spells working differently on the two maps?

Finally, are dominion ranked matches going to be implemented, or at least planned?

Thank you

P.s. I don't know why, but writing this post was pretty darn hard :S

Ka1to

08-04-2011

at release no rankeds but later

and this mode is kinda balance through items/reworks
magic armor rework
we will see
im just looking forward to playing this mode
i bet i have my fun with it

0Wolfheart0

08-04-2011

magic armor rework? What? Never heard anything about this

Yeah, I'm looking forward to its implementation too, I love the idea

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

The secret to balancing maps like this is to alter item shop compositions and map layout, which they thankfully figured out from Twisted Treeline. In fact, I told them this when Twisted Treeline was in beta. I'm glad they realized it, but too late for TT. : ( Tank items in SR are balanced around 5 people which makes such items inherently overpowered in Twisted Treeline.

I hope that they eventually end up altering the item shop in TT so it can be balanced as well.

Gooch0

08-04-2011

So we are talking about "different" items on different maps? Such as, item x does 'a' and has "10 b" on SR, and does "c' and has "8 b' on TT, and does "d" and has "11 b' on the new map? (just for example)

Max Pita

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

08-04-2011

Will be sure a huge diference of SR, and i think the champions need to be all reworked to the new map, and the stats and skills be diferent from SR.

I sugest to put less champions at the start, and put a new champion reworked every weak, maybe another client.

I still dont beliave that this is going to be like Twiested TreeLine, will be total fail if it does. In this Map Tankers to hold capturing and disablers to stop capturers is a must, and some trappers like shaco, teemo and cait will be very Op, just trap all the domain.

Algol1

08-04-2011

Tanks op. Rammus es # 1...Galio es # 1...

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

Quote:
So we are talking about "different" items on different maps? Such as, item x does 'a' and has "10 b" on SR, and does "c' and has "8 b' on TT, and does "d" and has "11 b' on the new map? (just for example)
As in items are missing from some maps and totally new items are there in their place, like what they're doing with Dominion.

Gooch0

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
As in items are missing from some maps and totally new items are there in their place, like what they're doing with Dominion.
ah, interesting.

UrHumanShield

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Game modes like these are crying for power-ups that can be picked to provide short duration benefits.