I was mad this morning... but now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
Any thoughts on the philosophy of the precedent you're setting for the genre with insta-level 3 and lots of starting gold? =D

Curious on the potential impact someone in your position sees on future maps/MOBA games in general.
it was either that or further increase exp gain on the map but lvl 3 is an interesting choice as u can focus on 2 skill or get one point in all 3.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-04-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
Any thoughts on the philosophy of the precedent you're setting for the genre with insta-level 3 and lots of starting gold? =D

Curious on the potential impact someone in your position sees on future maps/MOBA games in general.
I'm not sure if that's a pattern to copy in all MOBA's, but it works for Dominion. It depends on the pacing - what's good for SR at the start doesn't work as well for Crystal Scar, and vice versa.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm not sure if that's a pattern to copy in all MOBA's, but it works for Dominion. It depends on the pacing - what's good for SR at the start doesn't work as well for Crystal Scar, and vice versa.
one question if all champs are unlocked can more than one of each champ be on the map at the same time like in blind pick?

Ashaira

Adjudicator

08-05-2011

lol bump

0Wolfheart0

08-05-2011

I believe that champion picking works like it does in SR

Eledhan

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
see. this is what everyone wantend. a simple sry we got a bit antsy was all we wanted. we weren't mad cause dominion sucks or anything but u and others specificaly told us CONTENT and THIS WEEK. u could have avoided soooooooooo much grief by saying this from the start
How does someone who behaves this way and gets mad about simple mis-communication become a Blue?

I never have understood that...

Ashaira

Adjudicator

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
How does someone who behaves this way and gets mad about simple mis-communication become a Blue?

want my title? RIOT i formaly give u permision to make this man a blue in my place

Tilthan

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks - we didn't really want to hype the announcement, we just got overzealous ourselves. Trying to keep something we're earnestly excited about a secret for so long got the better of us I understand how that could be frustrating.

Dominion is really exciting because it's a pretty big departure from classic League of Legends. It's been a lot of fun exploring new strategies and using our favorite champions in new ways, and personally, I like the change of pace (constant action in Dominion, versus the more methodical pacing of SR).
We as a community have to take some fault too. We forget you guys are players like us sometimes. But rest assured, we (or I am anyway) are super excited for Dominion. Definitely one of my top 5 favorite announcements.

SuperJon

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post

Do you even know how people became blues?

BadgerBarrage

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJon View Post
Do you even know how people became blues?
I certainly don't.