So Dominion Is Battlefield's Gamemode..?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

08-04-2011

You know, where you go around grabbing flags and causing the enemies "Tickets" to degrade. In this case "Tickets" is the Nexus.

Which makes one wonder, can you also attack the nexus to further degrade it?
Can you, while capturing a point, attack or are you relegated to standing there like a zombie?

AtomicWaffles

08-04-2011

I don't think you will be able to attack nexus. It will probably take like 10 seconds to capture one point and while doing that you will not be able to perform any actions. Sort of like recall works right now.

ArlanKels

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovan1111 View Post
I don't think you will be able to attack nexus. It will probably take like 10 seconds to capture one point and while doing that you will not be able to perform any actions. Sort of like recall works right now.
Kind of surprised more people haven't noticed these heavy similarities in playstyle for these two games though xd

UrHumanShield

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Because Battlefield isn't the first game to have this type of game mode.

ArlanKels

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrHumanShield View Post
Because Battlefield isn't the first game to have this type of game mode.
Obviously but it's probably the most well known, I mean I can't think of any other series that uses this game-mode type off hand. Then again I spent most of my youth playing RPGs and platformers soooo

Claricorp

08-04-2011

kind of not really

IndecisivePlayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

company of heroes doesn't use this system at all.

Ellye

08-04-2011

This victory condition goes back all the way to tabletop wargames....

And has been used in video games since pretty much always. Mostly successful in Company of Heroes (and it's pseudo-successor, Dawn of War 2), but also in all other genres, RPGs, FPS, RTSs, TBSs...