Dominion Team Comps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RBomb19

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segmented View Post
Rammus with 0/21/9 Masteries, Garrison + Ghost, Boots of Mobility with tanky items, maxing Powerball first.

Powerball into an enemy champ trying to cap a tower, quickly Garrison the tower and throw up DBC. Taunt the enemy and enjoy.

Classic Rammus strat with new merits. I honestly can't wait to try this just to see if it is as fun as I hope.
I standby my assertion that this game is very similar to the Jade Quarry PvP of Guild Wars. The beginning of the game was basically decided by whatever team could race to the middle shrine first. So any good team had someone with a self speed boost targeted by someone without an additional ally speed boost would win the race and give their team a huge advantage,

I think the first 5 seconds of being let into the map will be a Ghost'ed up Rammus race to the middle capture point. Pretty much whatever team captures the middle first is going to have a huge advantage. This means the Ghost Ball (2 levels) Rammus with a Janna and Nunu to Blood Boil will be at a huge advantage.

Zeful

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
1 defender (traps, sustain, tank, pushing capabilities, aoe cc)
1 seeker (high mobility assassin)
1 poker (force Champions off of points)
2 fighters (champs oriented towards 3v3 skirmishes)
So what champions fit that team, and how would AP characters fit in? Because it looks like your optimum team is Alistar, Shaco/Akali, Lee Sin/Rammus, Renekton, Jarvan.

Summoner spells is easier. Your Defender has Promote/Garrison. Your Seeker would have Ignite/Flash. Your poker would want Ghost/Garrison. And Fighters want Exhaust/Cleanse or Exhaust/Flash. Certainly it's a better spread than Flash/Anything else.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

Quote:
So what champions fit that team, and how would AP characters fit in? Because it looks like your optimum team is Alistar, Shaco/Akali, Lee Sin/Rammus, Renekton, Jarvan.
AP Champs would be good for either forcing people off a point with AoE cc and burst damage or clearing creepwaves for defense, I'd imagine. The squishier ones would need a bodyguard, though.

Zeful

08-04-2011

I wonder if Morde and Yorick might make for good picks. Being able to add forces to your team like they can with their ults is an advantage. Though I'm going to assume that pets can't help you take control points.

Vydelar

08-04-2011

I'd go with a 3-2 split, with the 3 being tank/initiator/sustained damage, and the 2 being support+burst damage, and high mobility.

Rammus, Nidalee, Zilean, some sort of ad ranged damager, (ashe/mf/tristana) and a fifth slot which will probably be a wild card that has some sort of high impact ability or ult, maybe annie/kass/sion.. the choices are fairly open for a fifth.

Zeful

08-04-2011

It really depends how the meta evolves. Who succeeds where with which strategies. I'm actually hyped for that reason alone. That and you suddenly have Summoners other than Flash/something on every character.

Kody119

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

depends on team size, <5 jax will dominate >4 and the higher range people will win the game, easy

Angloomy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Kog'Maw's ult would be good for saving points

CaptainSoda

08-04-2011

If fed enough, Yorick might turn into a good champion for this map. He has a slow, sustain, he can create a clone. Now what makes me wonder if his ulti can capture the point while he fights off a champion...

Segmented

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
I wonder if Morde and Yorick might make for good picks. Being able to add forces to your team like they can with their ults is an advantage. Though I'm going to assume that pets can't help you take control points.
Yorick's ult looks amazing for this map. Being able to turn a 1v1 over control over a capture point into a 2v1, with the ability to kill your enemy even after you die (Assuming they kill you before the ghost).