New Champion Roles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waylandoud

08-04-2011

With the new map, objectives,etc, new roles will develop for existing champs.One of the first and most obvious ones is a capture point defender. A lot of people here were quick to note this idea, with thoughts of Heimer's strength in stationary position, Trundle, Eve and the Stealth champs ( assuming stealth rework predates dominion ),and Janna for the shield and aoe push ult. But with a new map, we're going to see other niches pop up, quest runners, move speed stacked 1v1 roamers, and scouts with psuedo wards like Nidalee, Teemo, Shaco, and Cait. These things will develop and flesh out once playing starts rolling in the same way that the list of currently viable junglers has. I'm not the expert, but I'd love to have an open thread here for discussion on theorycrafting the roles and meta.

Shooty McSnipe

08-04-2011

Teemo will be a God..... karthus , Rammus, Shen, TF, Panth, NOCTURNE

Vsin

08-04-2011

Well, I guess you can boil down the options to:

- Assaulter
- Defender
- Global Support

Naturally, some champions can cover multiples of these options.

- Assaulters are generally champions who are able to keep people away from themselves and can move around very quickly. Note that damage is not a prerequisite in the slightest, although it's very helpful if you run into defenders.

- Defenders would rely heavily on CC to keep Assaulters off their capture points. Again though, a kill is a kill, and a dead Assaulter can't capture a point.

- Global Support is a bit of an oddball, and it relates to "anything that can be where you presently aren't". Anything from Teemo/Nidalee traps to Karthus interrupting all capturing to TF popping up to pitch in with whatever you're doing. This sort of thing is really valuable because you're not forced to walk across the world just to help out.

Šneeks

08-04-2011

I feel like chasers/pokers will no longer be usefull...

ComanderMolander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Aoe teams will tear everyone a new one, fiddles will be the god of this mode

Waylandoud

08-04-2011

Enemy repositioning abilities will foil captures as well - any of the stacks of champs with knockbacks like Gragas, Alistar, Janna,etc.As was mentioned, I think Teemo will be top notch.Shaco as well, especially with the JitB fear. Kog and Brand will probably fit in well with their health% hits due to Madred's being out....but I can't guess as to how often one will be 1v1 on the capture points, one can only defend so many at a time.How much will be outer rim lane push and how much contested center based raids to the outside?

CaptainT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

ap Shaco >

nukaduke

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainT View Post
ap Shaco >
God that will be scary. I can just imagine that right now. Set up the largest JITB nest at a control point...