League of Legends: Arathi Basin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smautix

08-04-2011

No seriously, this is just a stupid gameplay idea.

Nawo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Complain when Riot gives you something new. Really?

Edit: In case you didn't notice, League of Legends is not an MMORPG. It's a MOBA.

Dopplemiester

08-04-2011

guess what Arathi Basin is based off the game mode of FPS and other team games known as capture point they arnt stealing something from wow they are making a game mode that people normally make

stormlifter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

Actually this is an age old mix of games. Why do people think Blizzard invented everything?

This is basically king of the hill with multiple hills. Also known as "domination". Used in Unreal Tournament and many other places.

Don't be a punk. If you don't like it I'm sure they'll give you a button that lets you play the other gameplay mode.

Smautix

08-04-2011

I'm not going to extrapolate on this very much because if you can't see the flaws in the gameplay of "capture the point" style games in non-FPS games, you obviously don't care about game balance...

- Ranged champions will be disproportionately powerful
- Localized AE effects (Anivia, Cass, Gragas, Lux, etc.) will be overpower because positioning is forced by the game type.
- Capturing points is a less effective strategy than simply pinning a team in their spawn

That should be enough obvious downsides for now.

0Wolfheart0

08-04-2011

Oh yeah, because you played AB and this game is totally like WoW. Please, stop QQing about "game balance" when you didn't even play it.

tailsmph

08-04-2011

capture points in tf2 "cough"

LilDipper

08-04-2011

OP. Arathi Basin was by far the best battleground in WoW period, so I am happy as a pig in s--- that Riot incorporated a playstyle for LoL around it.

Battlet√łads

08-04-2011

It seems like a stupid idea in my opinion to even implement another type of gameplay. Now they have to decide on how to balance out champions between themselves AND the two maps.

Blizzard has to do the same with PvE and PvP.

Clockworkz

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizardt View Post
It seems like a stupid idea in my opinion to even implement another type of gameplay. Now they have to decide on how to balance out champions between themselves AND the two maps.

Blizzard has to do the same with PvE and PvP.
Tbh, they should have two "renditions" of each champion for each map. This way, they can buff/nerf champions in one map without affecting them in the other. Though this would be a lot of work