Simple question

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

painboots

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
Yeah, I understand. That was an oversight; people were just really excited about the announcement and were not doing that in any official capacity. Making the news public is a REALLY big thing for us, but I see why it's a pain for you guys.

The people who said things are now going to get a stern talking-to.
I, and i'm sure many others, are very appreciative that you actually took the time to clear this up. Thanks karrie!

Phoulmouth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
We highly value openness. And its really awesome that we are unique in the game industry about how much we encourage our employees to interact with the community.

But, there is a line that needs to be walked, especially with sensitive subjects. Excitement is fine, but you need to be careful you are not setting people's expectations unrealistically, and some people here obviously crossed that line.

Don't worry, you are not going to see us clam up, or stop expressing how excited we are! That is a permanent part of our culture, its just going through some growing pains =)
Coo, Don't clam up! Whats going on with Magma Chamber? The entire community wants to know if this is just a myth and if we will EVER get new maps for 3v3 and 5v5.

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
We highly value openness. And its really awesome that we are unique in the game industry about how much we encourage our employees to interact with the community.

But, there is a line that needs to be walked, especially with sensitive subjects. Excitement is fine, but you need to be careful you are not setting people's expectations unrealistically, and some people here obviously crossed that line.

Don't worry, you are not going to see us clam up, or stop expressing how excited we are! That is a permanent part of our culture, its just going through some growing pains =)
Awesome! It's so great that you people do interact with the community as much as you do. I'm excited now because you're telling me to be excited, and I trust you because of that community interaction: you know what we want.
Also, great name! ;D

"
Quote:
Yeah, I understand. That was an oversight; people were just really excited about the announcement and were not doing that in any official capacity. Making the news public is a REALLY big thing for us, but I see why it's a pain for you guys.

"
do they have to? I'm glad they did this; Riot cares about its community so much that just telling us about their newest, coolest project is this exciting for them. I'm glad they did it, and I (who had been briefly considering leaving...or at least playing less) will definitely be sticking around a LOT longer.
long live the LoL!

Amariithynar

08-04-2011

Quote:

Quote:

...*twitch* No, people did not promise something released this week. they said something really cool was happening, that they were excited for this week. people inferred this meant something released this week. Not once did anyone imply that something specific was being released. >.<! This IS something really cool and something to be excited about that was announced this week. Nothing they said was a lie, not implied misleading things. For the love of god, don't punish them because stupid people set up their expectations before they had any knowledge of what the hell it was.

Amariithynar

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedknight View Post
They never outright said it was being released this week. That "something" was the announcement. The community took this to mean that every feature ever announced ever was coming out by the end of the week.

Dominion is honestly a pretty big deal for MOBA games, so Rioters did have reason to be excited.
This. This is what I've been saying at every chance.

Loerka

08-04-2011

Dominions look nice