Simple question

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Out

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedknight View Post
I have also spent $100+ on this game and I like the idea of Dominion. Yeah it sucks that it's not out this week, but I'd rather it be out when it's actually ready rather than rushed.

Most of the hype created over this was community generated and not generated by Riot employees to begin with.
Making twitter posts saying something is coming THIS WEEK, NOT SOON. Then turning around and saying the new thing is coming soon is the dirtiest move I have ever seen.

Imagine pulling that with any friend/family member you have.

"honey, new thing this week not soon, this week I promise honey"
"ALRIGHT WHAT IS IT?"
"I'm gonna give you something next year"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirror

Senior Member

08-04-2011

I don't understand how hints and whispers about features always turn into "YOU PROMISED."

/boggle


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isysar

Senior Member

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by addysonclark View Post
A stern talking to?

Are you kidding me?

As a person who has probably spent over 100$+ on this game I can say I will no longer be spending anymore on this game, or telling others to spend any money on this game.
Really bro? You're pretty silly if that's the case. It's just an announcement. It's just a game after all. You're raging because they announced something instead of released content? Whatever the hell made you think they were releasing content in the first place? It's not even logistically/technically possible for them to do that without a patch (which you would probably have complained about)

Chances of them randomly patching on a Thursday for no reason only to have to patch next Tuesday for Skarner anyways are really small. Doesn't make sense.

Use your brain. Of course this was going to be an announcement.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SBGC Jammer

Recruiter

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
The people who said things are now going to get a stern talking-to.
That makes me sad. I appreciated their excitement and their openness on Twitter. I understand why that kind of interaction is discouraged, but I really enjoyed seeing what felt like genuine excitement from the Rioterz. I hate to see that ruined by the rude portion of the community.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loerka

Member

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
Why? We've been working on this for a LONG time. We're all huge League of Legends players, so playtesting this and watching it get close to completion is incredibly exciting for us. We can finally talk about it now!! =)
ok , i understand now, thx

im not mad anymore


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malleus Deum

Senior Member

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
Why? We've been working on this for a LONG time. We're all huge League of Legends players, so playtesting this and watching it get close to completion is incredibly exciting for us. We can finally talk about it now!! =)
ill playtest it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

afxtal

Member

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
Why? We've been working on this for a LONG time. We're all huge League of Legends players, so playtesting this and watching it get close to completion is incredibly exciting for us. We can finally talk about it now!! =)
Getting defensive without actually answering the question reveals the simple truth that you know you guys made a mistake.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pwntifex maximus

Senior Member

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
Why? We've been working on this for a LONG time. We're all huge League of Legends players, so playtesting this and watching it get close to completion is incredibly exciting for us. We can finally talk about it now!! =)
And we can talk about it now, too! Thanks so much for this new Forum!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cagedknight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by addysonclark View Post
Making twitter posts saying something is coming THIS WEEK, NOT SOON. Then turning around and saying the new thing is coming soon is the dirtiest move I have ever seen.

Imagine pulling that with any friend/family member you have.

"honey, new thing this week not soon, this week I promise honey"
"ALRIGHT WHAT IS IT?"
"I'm gonna give you something next year"
They never outright said it was being released this week. That "something" was the announcement. The community took this to mean that every feature ever announced ever was coming out by the end of the week.

Dominion is honestly a pretty big deal for MOBA games, so Rioters did have reason to be excited.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KarrieBear

Associate Creative Designer

08-04-2011
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
That makes me sad. I appreciated their excitement and their openness on Twitter. I understand why that kind of interaction is discouraged, but I really enjoyed seeing what felt like genuine excitement from the Rioterz. I hate to see that ruined by the rude portion of the community.
Yeah, that's the trade-off when you encourage developers to interact with the community. With 300+ employees, it's harder to regulate what information goes out, but I wouldn't give that up for being able to talk to you guys without having a PR guy go through my posts before I post them!

The "perfect situation" would have been for the announcement to come out of nowhere, so there were zero expectations. That will probably be the case going forward on big news.. too bad. =(