My Feelings about Dominion as a Mode

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SillyWillyBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

This game mode is exactly Alliance battles from Guild Wars, which if you've ever played GW is very fun...

Shfflbair

08-04-2011

all of these things you're claiming as "obvious" don't seem obvious to me.

Destrukthor

08-04-2011

So basically... You've never played the game mode, so you make generalized comparisons to twisted treeline (which barely even made sense) and decide that dominion will be boring (even though the main description I hear about it is fast paced.... the opposite). Did you just feel like complaining today bro?

Phoulmouth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trylobite View Post
I agree, don't care about new game mode at all. Replays? Observer mode? Magma Chamber? Those, I would have been excited about.
same

Herby20

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeC View Post
In short, I'm not particularly keen, but let me expand, as I don't mind this to be mindless QQ.

The crux of my argument revolves around Twisted Treeline. Twisted Treeline is the short, fast paced tanky dps map. Maybe not as fast paced as what Dominion will be, but nevertheless, I believe this feeling will be captured in a similar way.

Now, I really hate Twisted Treeline because of these points. I focus my game around strong lane dominance, yet I, and I imagine many others, feel that most of the truely good and interesting play comes in late game teamfights, which obviously won't occur on these two. Not only that, I don't want to play tanky dps. I hate playing them, I hate facing them, and the thought of 2 tanky dps very slowly killing each other camping on a control node doesn't get me too excited.

I don't think it's inherently wrong that you've tried to make a new mode, in fact I take that back, it's worth applauding. However consider this. It is obvious Dominion is much more comparable to Twisted Treeline than Summoner's Rift. It is also obvious that Summoner's Rift is vastly the more popular map. So, why would you make one that's more like the less popular one?

The best way I can think of phrasing it is this. Right now, the general reaction is a few people happy, most people 'meh', a few people very unhappy. Imagine the reaction you would have got if you had announced the imminent release of Magma Chamber. Seriously, don't be biased, imagine the genuine response.

That is the point I wished to make. Your expanding the game making it stretch, thin and shallow rather than deeper. Build on what you have, then by all means think about expanding into new modes.

Lastly, it is very clear Dominion is intended to be a fun, mess aroundy kind of mode. This obviously means if you want to play competitively, or play at any kind of high level, you will be playing a hell of a lot more Summoner's Rift for a very long time. Not cool.

Thank you.
I wish I had the amazing ability to deduce all this from a 48 second clip in which all of this was stated. You have a gift good sir.

Predator77777

Recruiter

08-05-2011

So i've come to notice a lot of summoners like negative speculation. If new stuffs comin out be optimistic not pessamistic. If it ends up sucking gripe about it afterwards. I look forward hopefully to each new champ/skin/mode/patch... i dont always like the changes or outcomes... but i still end up queue'n up for games and havin fun.

edit: Thumbs up for goin somewhere new riot

Xin Kaishek

08-05-2011

I am very confident that this mode will kick ass.
I'm sure that other maps will happen more in the vein of SR. When, I do not know. But I'm sure they will come. And there are new heroes being released all the time. I know some people whine about them, but I like most of the new ones.

Observer mode is a dumb idea. I'd be interested in replays though. I hope replays and new maps happen this winter or sooner, but to be realistic, I'll keep playing even if they don't. I have a hard time thinking DotA 2 will be better than LoL, which is already a great game. The things DotA 2 will do better than LoL will hopefully be matched by Riot eventually.

I have hope for this game. It seems like eventually a League of Legends 2 needs to happen, to get rid of the clunky coding of the original. It should allow you to transfer over your old characters but have to pay for new ones and a slew of exclusive maps and bonus features. I hope this is LoL's future.

houseofpayne

08-05-2011

So I love how the OP claims to be a "more serious high Elo player"

Hmm then y r u not located on any of the ladders? i didnt check the 3v3 ladder because you seem to write that mode off completely.

So what exactly is your definition of a "serious high Elo player?"

also honestly you dont like capture the flag? probably the best game ever invented.

and to put LoL hero's into it will just be amazing. Ima b playin Rammus and Mundo all day. Have fun playing defense when you cant catch or kill me.

Honestly OP play before you write paragraphs as to why it wont succeed.

By the way I still have no idea why u think it is closer to TT... Yes it is more fast paced. But the style of gameplay will b wayy more wide open and there will probably rarely even be fights bigger than 2v2.

Riot it looks amazing! keep up the good work and im excited to see the balance changes on it!

OJ191

08-05-2011

I can see high mobility assassins being very useful/borderline broken. *A wild leblanc has appeared!* (sorc shoes, AP runes + enough mpen runes to reach true dmg on a 30mres champ). *Uses first blood gold to buy haunting guide*.

Ok maybe not LB she isn't that potent before ult, but can you imagine trying to face xin zhao or irelia before you've capped any points? Xin has some pretty potent dmg even without damage items, early game if properly runed (at least in my experience on the receiving end) buy boots 5 first item, rush to a cap point and murder somebody.

Or something like that anyway.

parnellyx

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlifter View Post
Be prepared for people to hate it, but make sure you talk to me. I'm less bias. LoL no but really I'm excited to see how the new mode plays. I'll be at PAX Prime
Some people will hate it, some wont. Some will have many different opinions over it. Now if you dont like it you have to think. It offers a completely different playstyle for fellow LoL players to enjoy as a variety change is what some people love. And it offers the chance to create a larger community because some people may not like the original style but they like this territory gameplay.

Overall its a positive change and if people don't like it, DONT PLAY IT.

1234567 ... 13