My Feelings about Dominion as a Mode

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahhhh Crap

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSmashBunnies View Post
I spent a lot of time playing Dominion near its official launch and was quite displeased. The experience wasn't at all what I had hoped it would be, or felt I had been lead to believe from all the hype.

It wasn't until nearly a year later that I started to enjoy playing the mode. Now I really enjoy playing Dominion, and lately I play it more than SR. That being said, it took many months to grow on me. I don't doubt that some people took to it immediately, but I was not amongst that group.

First game of dominion I played was the last one for a LONG time. Luckily the guy who first got me into LoL (my boss irl) was an avid dom player and I eventually came back to it. Now I cant stand SR for the very reasons I failed horribly at Dom the first time. The speed, pace, tenseness of DOM is simply way beyond SR, and took some getting used to. Now that I'm used to it its like trying to swim in Jello if I go back to SR.

Bearacolypse

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSmashBunnies View Post
I spent a lot of time playing Dominion near its official launch and was quite displeased. The experience wasn't at all what I had hoped it would be, or felt I had been lead to believe from all the hype.

It wasn't until nearly a year later that I started to enjoy playing the mode. Now I really enjoy playing Dominion, and lately I play it more than SR. That being said, it took many months to grow on me. I don't doubt that some people took to it immediately, but I was not amongst that group.
Because Dominion has been out a year? Hasn't it only been out since October?

YuriVampire

04-12-2012

I happen to love 5 v 5 draft on dominion

Orphane

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahhhh **** View Post
First game of dominion I played was the last one for a LONG time. Luckily the guy who first got me into LoL (my boss irl) was an avid dom player and I eventually came back to it. Now I cant stand SR for the very reasons I failed horribly at Dom the first time. The speed, pace, tenseness of DOM is simply way beyond SR, and took some getting used to. Now that I'm used to it its like trying to swim in Jello if I go back to SR.
Most people who played when Dominion started treated it like team deathmatch. The people who try to get into it still run into the same problem - nobody at starting elo actually knows what the hell they're doing to consistently win in Dominion. You have people who afk or think Crystal Scar is a place to "test" new champs or "test" new, godawful item builds.

Ahhhh Crap

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Most people who played when Dominion started treated it like team deathmatch. The people who try to get into it still run into the same problem - nobody at starting elo actually knows what the hell they're doing to consistently win in Dominion. You have people who afk or think Crystal Scar is a place to "test" new champs or "test" new, godawful item builds.

Which is totally acceptable if they want to do it, but isnt that what the comp-bot mode is for?

Shini Laser

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahhhh **** View Post
Which is totally acceptable if they want to do it, but isnt that what the comp-bot mode is for?
All people do in Co-Op v AI is exploit the bots' weaknesses (or stupidity if you with to go that far). Not saying co-op v AI isn't a better solution, but with how people play it, it isn't as good as it should be at times.

tehwhiteboi

05-21-2012

then why not make a bigger map? Like an 8v8 map, (2,2,2 + 2 junglers) meanings 2 in each lane + massive jungles to support 2 junglers? 0-o

urmamasllama

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehwhiteboi View Post
then why not make a bigger map? Like an 8v8 map, (2,2,2 + 2 junglers) meanings 2 in each lane + massive jungles to support 2 junglers? 0-o
your reasoning for necroing this is beyond bad shoo troll shoo

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

Quote:
One thing to be clear about Dominion; it's not "casual mode."
No ranked 10 months later. Way to speak morello.

neotriz5

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
No ranked 10 months later. Way to speak morello.
I feel like this is part of the reason not many people play Dominion. If there's no ranked mode there might as well be no esport scene behind it, and with no scene in sight, why try to play it competitively?