Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My Feelings about Dominion as a Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

04-11-2012

It's Keep-Necroed-Threads-Alive Day!

DaRatmastah

04-11-2012

Haha, wow, going back through this thread and reading red replies makes you wonder what the heck happened. Hohums is all, like, "Most rioters only want to play Dominion now." and there's references to 75% of the playerbase moving to dominion, and people being concerned about SR being forgotten.

Trololol.

DD Tootulz

04-11-2012

I'm confident that once Dominion see's ranked or has a place in some serious Esport circuit, It will be the primary mode in LoL. When the pros get a taste of competitive Dominion they won't have any interest in going back to SR. (given both modes yield the same rewards)

pramit the great

04-11-2012

yea right

KillingPoint

Recruiter

04-11-2012

It's pretty good map where we can test our champions in a nice way.

Makestro

04-11-2012

Quote:
DaRatmastah:
Haha, wow, going back through this thread and reading red replies makes you wonder what the heck happened. Hohums is all, like, "Most rioters only want to play Dominion now." and there's references to 75% of the playerbase moving to dominion, and people being concerned about SR being forgotten.

Trololol.

We got trolled

Redenbacher

04-11-2012

Quote:
hohums:
Most Rioters I speak to only want to play Dominion games now. Its been this way for several months since the map has been nearing completion.

I'm sure there will be people who don't like the map and I've nothing against that. However if the Riot response is anything to go by I think that the complaint may be that no one is playing SR anymore.

Maybe its only Rioters that feel this way. However most Rioters were players before they came to Riot, so I think its a pretty decent sample.

I think the map is extremely fun.

Hah, yea - what happened there?

Must have played Dominion so much before release, they all become burnt out and stopped cold-turkey, never to touch it again. Or they're all playing the next super secret surprise game mode to be released

Bearacolypse

Recruiter

04-11-2012

Apparently I'm in the one percent that knew that server maintenance engineers were also the ones who implement things like replays.

Seriously though, I hate long rants made in ignorance that blame not being told for the reason they were angry. It's not like the information wasn't out there, you just didn't look.

Captain Alejo

Recruiter

04-11-2012

Quote:
Deathstryker78:
AxeC,

All we ask is that you play Dominion before forming an opinion about it. Dominion is radically different from Twisted Treeline, and is incredibly fun to play. If you disagree after playing it, I'll be the first guy in line to hear why, I assure you

I spent a lot of time playing Dominion near its official launch and was quite displeased. The experience wasn't at all what I had hoped it would be, or felt I had been lead to believe from all the hype.

It wasn't until nearly a year later that I started to enjoy playing the mode. Now I really enjoy playing Dominion, and lately I play it more than SR. That being said, it took many months to grow on me. I don't doubt that some people took to it immediately, but I was not amongst that group.

RyoKuji

04-12-2012

Lets hate things we have never played....gg

Dominion is not even close to twisted treeline. Please try something before you make a thread trying to make it look bad. And, although tanky dps can work in dominion. That doesn't mean it will. Hence the passive aura just for playing. (Not a major influence but it changes things more than you'd think)