Your League of Legends: Dominion Media Coverage Compendium

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taliesin

08-04-2011

I can't wait!

Saddler

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricidium View Post
Yes, and hype is precisely what RIOT was trying to create when they told us all the awesome stuff that was coming this week. They tried to create hype, succeeded, and then let down the community by showing them a trailer.

But you let your self get over hyped its Riot. There favorite thing is announcements if you

thought any different its your own fault.

Emilio Katrea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
QFT

I'd put money on the fact that most of the people spouting "it's a free game, and we get new content every 2 weeks" have only been here a few months, if that. I want you to understand one simple fact:

The fact that Riot says something does not make it true.

They have announced many, many features that never happened. The reason we're pissed is because they announced that the release this week would be "the culmination of long effort" (which many of us took to mean that one of the features they promised a god **** year ago might be finally released), when all it was was an announcement of yet another promised future release. Release date? TBA, of course.

Spectator mode was announced. Release TBA.
Project Shiny was announced. Release TBA.
Magma Chamber announced. Release cancelled.
Replay function was announced. Release TBA.
Dominion mode was announced. Release TBA.

Get the picture??? If you're getting excited about an announcement from Riot ****ing Games, you must be new here.
u.u

Previnity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Couldn't click downvote fast enough...

El Ducko

08-04-2011

watching the gamespot video and Travis mentions 'quests' in the new map??? Do want.

Kefkacorn

08-04-2011

can i just say that we are sick of this soon bs? what happened to this week?

Irisaurus Rex

08-04-2011

wow riot.

bergeg

08-04-2011

im waiting for dota2 even more

HayApples

08-04-2011

The video is compelling, interesting... basically everything I had hoped for or expected in the future of this genre.

But I think they set expectations wrong. With the large pre-patch last week and the server downtime overnight, plus developer comments recently, I was expecting something playable, tangible in my hands this week. Not this nebulous "coming soon" type thing.

Ragnar Draconus

08-04-2011

Couldn't possibly care less about this. My bet right now is that it is popular for a month or so, then fades away just like twisted treeline did because of balance issues.