League of Legends: Dominion is Coming!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ichabod1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Dude, I can't wait!

It's not a new idea. Hardly. There are scores of games out there that work off of a domination mode, but it will definitely have a perfect home here on LoL. I'm geeked!!!

WoodenPerfection

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

This map is going to create a super stale meta. In a mode where you have to capture points, champions with movement speed and strong 1v1 capabilities are going to be king. Tanky dps/Assassins will be godlike as never before and Sona will be a must pick/ban. I'm not really excited about this map.

LordBlackstar

08-04-2011

Just a thought, but they implied **** was going down this week, not that there would be one cool thing. IMO, one announcement does not equal **** going down. Just sayin'.

vansu

08-04-2011

this will be fun

Celebrionik

08-04-2011

ouu...yeeesss...Jax will own on this...probably the circle map with 5 points will force to fight 2v1 or 1v1 This is Jaxradise. But...another item balance etc. We will see....hopefully not SOON (TM) but REALLY soon..

M0J0E

08-04-2011

OK, who's the ******* who's been downvoting everyone saying anything positive about this announcement?

I'm pretty excited about it personally. I love KotH modes in games in general, and it'll be interesting to see how the champion balance tips in Dominion.

piece 0f crap

08-04-2011

I just hope it will have true solo que so that lone gamers like me can join a non premade match for maximum fairness.

Synnister

08-04-2011

So ah... this isn't the big exciting announcement is it? Because it's frankly not very exciting. How about a double IP weekend? That's far more exciting.

I'm not against Dominion, but considering the epic lack of teamwork and astounding amount of stupidity present within this "community," Dominion almost becomes a with-friends-only gametype just to avoid the frustration of playing a gametype solo queue that could very well require more teamwork than a standard match already does. And for that matter, somehow I doubt my friends will find this all that interesting regardless.

I mean it's nice to see yall are doing something (assuming you ever actually release this), but for some reason I can think of all sorts of things that more people would find more interesting than this. Magma Chamber, monthly double IP days/weekends, sub-6300 IP champs, more reasonable rune prices, etc... this really pales in comparison to a laundering list of more interesting things.

Ataraxia Hollow

08-04-2011

@Volibar Is Dominion going to require a new client or it is going to be added into that one?

Chzrm3

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinsky View Post
On the one hand, I am really glad that RioT is trying to put forward new content. It really does look like a nice addition.

On the other hand, don't hype up something so much if it is just an announcement. You got a lot of us excited that you might actually have content coming down the pipe this week, and this feels like a slap in the face.

Just saying.
You don't know when this is coming out, so stop acting spoiled. I think the hype was justified if it's an announcement like this.

The only sad thing is I guess this solidifies the death of magma chamber. : ( Ahh well, they probably figured they'd rather do a new game mode than a new map that would become irrelevant like TT did.