Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

guardian angel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shortyish

05-03-2010

is it worth it on tanks?

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

05-03-2010

Most definitely. Forces them to kill you twice, or ignore you and suffer the consequences of your CC.

DarkenDragon

05-03-2010

my rule of thumb of buying it is when I find myself in team fights and we usualy end up either both sides dying with only 1 person surviving with low hp. if this is the case, I get it cuz then either its 2 players able to push and kill more base defense, or if that survivor is an enemy then I am able to get back up and finish him off

and since it revives you with 40% heath and mana, that means the bigger your health pool the more hp you'll have to fight with when your revived

just dont let your self think you can take on a whole team and get over confident cuz you have angel since you revive where you died, and if the enemy team is still full health when they killed you then they wont have a problem finishing you off a second time

I8C SRS FACE

05-03-2010

Guardian's Angel is an item you get when you prefer to live dangerously. I tend to be the first guy to rush in and attack a turret and just sit on it til it dies when I play Taric, for example, so picking one up definitely helps.

It's great on champions that bring a lot of utility to a fight that enemy teams need to focus else face the consequences of having a run-away Carry, like Soraka or Zilean. (Zilean with a GA is lulz.)

malphismia

05-03-2010

Nope, I never buy guardian angel on a tank anymore. You should always be targetted last if the enemy team is smart. Which means, when you do get targeted, your team is already dead and you'll get raped when you revive back. I've had countless times when I just revive in the middle of 5 enemy champs waiting to kill me again.

However, I play malph which has **** escape ability. Maybe it'll work on shen with good escape mech when he revives or someone with insane survivability when they respawn (morde?)

IS186afbf367d955

05-04-2010

I like to take it when i only need slight Armor/MR and need to preserve my stacks.

kn0sis

05-04-2010

It's my third item for Morde. It takes so much to kill him that it really pisses off the other team since they would have to do it again. (If they can do it again). Morde is a good champ to charge at the enemy with your team a few steps back. It's good not to fear dying.