General League of Legends Tank Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

League of Lurkin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

I would like some experienced players feedback on this video. I posted it in order to help some people who are new and have asked for assistance in tanking. This is a general guide and I always tell people to view the official Riot Games new player's guide before looking anywhere else but most can' find any guides that focus on generally tanking as opposed to specific champion guides.

Here is the Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiGPHJ8C7sk

I would like your opinions on the guide. What I overlooked, and what editing issues you saw. Criticism is key.

Thank you.

Lethadind

07-24-2012

I'm not "experienced" persay, but it was well done for the most part. A few things, as you said you want criticism, that you could tweak:

The intro before the guide is a bit long imo. After 90 seconds of watching you pwn with Alistar I was like "Wait, is this a guide, or a video on how this guy pwns with Alistar?"

You didn't mention anything you did while playing Alistar/Voli. I realize you probably recorded yourself and then stuck the replay tidbits in later as a way of the user being able to watch something, but I would highly recommend a section where you say things like "See how I knock them up and then knock them back into my team with Alistar? This is a common use of his skillsets that allows you to focus a high priority target and take him down virtually instantly." In other words give some commentary on the replays.

Mention item do's and do not's. For instance, Thornmail. SOOO many people think Thornmail is a tanking item and it's very frustrating. Thornmail is for your carries, so they stop attacking the carries and start attacking you, if you, as the tank, have thornmail, their melee champs are going to be less likely to even bother with attacking you. You mentioned Gp5 and general Armor/Health/Magic Resist, but the do's and do not's that aren't apparent at first would be sweet.

There are probably other things, but I'm too lazy to think of them, ha. Good luck.

Purplemeteor

07-24-2012

I would reccomend getting a tank that is 1350 IP like Alistar and put Thornmail and or Guardian angel armor on them.
Or you could get a really good AD tank. Like Renekton. your welcome