Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help With Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McRofls

05-05-2010

Yeah the best way I saw to make sure Flash Frost hits double is to explode it right behind them. If they're going to dodge it, don't be afraid to detonate it and just get the single stun.

Natakolol

05-05-2010

Anivia takes quite a bit of practice to master. I have around 200 games played with her.

Some tips.

1. If you let let ff pass through them then explode it behind them it will hit them twice, but for now you should probably just get good with hitting it before you try to get fancy.

2. Wall has so many uses. You can trap people(even your allies so be careful), block pathways, and it gives sight so you can use it as a close range clairvoyance.

3. Blue rune is your friend. You can get it at 6 with full life and mana.

4. And a good way to get ff hits off against ranged hero's your against in a lane is to just auto attack minions and give them a false sense of security. When they stop moving punish them. But some people are just good at dodging it.

5. Watch Phreaks spotlight. Although i dont agree with his item build his tips are pretty good.

6. Anivia is quite good at escaping with wall and ff.

7. She's also really good at bailing out allies on the run.

8. Leviathan is actually really good on her after roa and archangels because you get assists on everything if your in the fight.

9. Ghost allows people to run through wall and sometimes it bugs and people run through it without it.

10. Practice, Practice, and more practice.

Tyr4el

05-05-2010

Thank you all for your help. I'm actually getting better with her! I've followed all your tips and guides and am actually now in the positive KDR range! She is hard to master, but I'm getting there. Thanks all for your help.

I'm still a low lvl, but if anyone wants to make an arranged, add me: Tyr4el

Kajitii

Recruiter

05-05-2010

Quote:
Tyr4el:
Thank you all for your help. I'm actually getting better with her! I've followed all your tips and guides and am actually now in the positive KDR range! She is hard to master, but I'm getting there. Thanks all for your help.

I'm still a low lvl, but if anyone wants to make an arranged, add me: Tyr4el

What time do you normally play? I wouldn't mind adding you on a smurf xD

EDIT: Look out for "sasafras", or if you're really daring and want to play with my main, "Kajitii". I do not recommend the latter option though. Also, Anivia's going to be free next week I believe, so I can do some demonstrations if you want.

Tyr4el

05-05-2010

Quote:
Kajitii:
What time do you normally play? I wouldn't mind adding you on a smurf xD

EDIT: Look out for "sasafras", or if you're really daring and want to play with my main, "Kajitii". I do not recommend the latter option though. Also, Anivia's going to be free next week I believe, so I can do some demonstrations if you want.

I'm EST and I usually play after 2:00 PM most days for a bit then again later in the night time. I accepted your invite.

unR Mohrisbetter

05-05-2010

Dunno if they've been mentioned yet but two tips that have helped me out a lot:

1) Anivia is the slowest champ in the game. Overextend yourself and you're dead. You should rarely get any closer to your enemy than is required to cast frostbite. Usually, as soon as you cast frostbite, you should be backing up. You shouldn't be dying more than 3-5 times in pretty much any SR game unless your team is getting wiped. I find flash in anivia is useful for offense and defense also.

2) Don't always lead with the stun. It's almost always not the best unless your opponent has a range advantage to your ult. Lead with your ult, frostbite, land the stun while they're slowed (make sure it double hits), your frostbite will be off CD about when your ult is ready to recast.

Sheenah

05-05-2010

I've invited you, as my main summoner. Anivia is free this week so I may play with you on my smurf if you wish.
Seeing so many bad Anivias makes something little die inside me.

Also: 99/73 as Anivia (Never pick her if people don't respond in champ slection chat. Never.)

Draykeh

05-05-2010

Watch Phreak's Anivie spotlight for some useful tips

Zohariel

05-05-2010

• Never attempt to hit a target at Flash Frost's ful range unless they are stupid, asleep or stunned. Instead, treat it as a mid-range attack - Frostbite's attack radius is a good distance.
  • Crystallize is an incredibly powerful but risky tool. It's one of the few skills in the game that can contribute to your own team's deaths if used incorrectly. If in doubt, don't.
  • R into E is a good combo, but don't stop there. While E is cooling down, throw up a wall with W and stun them with Q. Hit them again with E as soon as possible again. This can all be executed in about seconds.
  • Boots of Speed is a decent starting item on Anivia due to her slow speed and her move's positioning requirements. You need to be able to dart in and out of combat to land E; Boots make this easier, but remember to bring your mana regen runes or Clarity to help early game mana.
  • Anivia is squishy, and Rebirth really doesn't help if she's squishy twice. If you're having trouble, make your first two items Rod of Ages. If you complete both by the 25-30 min mark, you'll be decently tanky without sacrificing too much offensive potential.
  • Anivia's damage is best when fueled by early kills. If however things don't go well early on then she can still be a valuable team member with her array of slows, her stun and Crystallize. Never stop being useful.

Cradum

05-05-2010

you should also get a mejais somewhere early (maybe before RoA imo) because you'll probably be getting lots of assists, so capitolize on that! around 3 stacks is when any ability power champion should start becoming more and more of a threat, so just focus on around 3 stacks, then you will start hurting the enemies =)