Help With Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyr4el

05-03-2010

Okay so I liked the idea of playing Anivia. I'm still a beginner at LoL, but would really like to master Anivia. I've only been playing her less than a day and only gone above my KDR ONCE. It's pathetic. I have a hard time really...hitting anyone - especially ranged champions. I have trouble getting away and keeping them back (which I hear Anivia is really good at doing). Also, when I do get hits in, I can never finish them off. My kills are always taken by another teammate or they get away. I have no idea what I'm doing right and/or wrong. If someone would be able to help me, I'd appreciate it.

PineappleThis

05-03-2010

Honestly, I think it just takes practice to learn the timing of his frostbolt? Ranged spell. You can watch the champion spotlight on Anivia which should give you some pointers, but all in all, practice makes perfect... but then people say nobody is perfect... so why practice?

The God Ghetto Holy

05-03-2010

Two points.

1) Placing the ice wall at critical moments is key.

2) Don't use your R too long. It's best to use it in small burst to apply ice effect to people then use your frost bite on them.

Quote:
Frostbite
With a flap of her wings, Cryophoenix blasts a freezing gust of wind at her target, dealing a medium amount of damage. If the target has been slowed by an ice effect, the damage they take is doubled.
Obviously there can be times letting R run awhile is good, but just using it to apply the ice effect is great way to capitolize on it.

Tyr4el

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The God Ghetto Holy View Post
Two points.

1) Placing the ice wall at critical moments is key.

2) Don't use your R too long. It's best to use it in small burst to apply ice effect to people then use your frost bite on them.

Obviously there can be times letting R run awhile is good, but just using it to apply the ice effect is great way to capitolize on it.
Definitely. I gotta get used to using the wall. I have a problem using Flash Frost (Q) while on the run and hitting people while I and they are moving. That's a huge problem that I have.

The Reaver

05-03-2010

If anything, make sure you use the wall to scout brush. When you place it in a patch of brush, it provides vision into that entire brush. Use it when you suspect enemies hiding there.

The combo you'll use is R > Q > W > E. Your ult slows them to make them easier to hit with your skill shot, you trap them in with your wall, and when they start exiting the radius of your ult, you nuke them.

As for a build, this is what I use and I do relatively well with it.

- Boots of Speed + 2x Health Pot
- Catalyst > RoA
- Sorc Shoes
- Archangel's Staff

Then after that, it's situational, but I usually grab Deathfire for another nuke or Void Staff if I need the penetration.

Tyr4el

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
If anything, make sure you use the wall to scout brush. When you place it in a patch of brush, it provides vision into that entire brush. Use it when you suspect enemies hiding there.

The combo you'll use is R > Q > W > E. Your ult slows them to make them easier to hit with your skill shot, you trap them in with your wall, and when they start exiting the radius of your ult, you nuke them.

As for a build, this is what I use and I do relatively well with it.

- Boots of Speed + 2x Health Pot
- Catalyst > RoA
- Sorc Shoes
- Archangel's Staff

Then after that, it's situational, but I usually grab Deathfire for another nuke or Void Staff if I need the penetration.
Thanks a lot! I'll practice more with her. I'm still a low level so I dont have full mastery or runes so I cant do her max potential yet, but I'll still practice

xDiamantx

05-03-2010

She's full of skillshots get used to playing her, know when to plant your ulti and wall.

KeVoN xD

05-03-2010

As i see your elvel 12.
I suggest you not to play her in your level, wait till you have an highter level or youget a good prem with friends, or just ood people you add to you list.
Thst is becasue anivia relays in the team, as anivia you can`t go alone you are really squishie.
By level 12 i don`t think you have much teamplay, it`s more individual skill to carry, and anivia is not a carry.

In the part of the kills/assist, it`s normal to take a whole lot of assist compared to kill.

The thinks about completing the kill is that your frotbite has a 5 seconds cooldown, and many times you won`t have it ready for a second blow, for this you will need some cdr or a great timing to go in use storm place frost bite, wait a sec trowh you flasfrost and go in again with your frostbite.

Sry for my english

SAludos

Priamos

05-03-2010

Quote:
I'm still a beginner at LoL, but would really like to master Anivia.
Ok, Anivia is a nuker that takes a LOT of finesse to play, since she is the squishiest character in the game, and she's based on skillshots. I've seen a lot of good Anivia's, but also some really terrible ones. Don't play her until you've got experience with other mages.

Try starting out with the similar Ryze and Annie, who can still perform well as magical carries. If you like them, then you can try Anivia once you understand generally how nukers work. Also, Anivia is more support-oriented than other mages, so you do need a good team to get her to work well.

I learned that with Amumu, Morgana, and Kassadin: they don't work well unless you have a reliable team. Anivia is the same way.

Tyr4el

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeVoN xD View Post
As i see your elvel 12.
I suggest you not to play her in your level, wait till you have an highter level or youget a good prem with friends, or just ood people you add to you list.
Thst is becasue anivia relays in the team, as anivia you can`t go alone you are really squishie.
By level 12 i don`t think you have much teamplay, it`s more individual skill to carry, and anivia is not a carry.

In the part of the kills/assist, it`s normal to take a whole lot of assist compared to kill.

The thinks about completing the kill is that your frotbite has a 5 seconds cooldown, and many times you won`t have it ready for a second blow, for this you will need some cdr or a great timing to go in use storm place frost bite, wait a sec trowh you flasfrost and go in again with your frostbite.
I figured she was a team player, but I still want to master her now while I level.