Pando Media Booster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODdaySIR View Post
Makes zero sense. It ONLY UPLOADS INFORMATION, and thus doesnt effect you download speeds, escpailly considering I already have leguge of legends installed.

SO I REALLY DOUBT ITS GOING TO HELP ME DOWNLOAD SOMETHING I ALREADY HAVE, ANY FASTER.

Also word for word from my link, "Some people claim it will 'increase your downlaod speed'. This is false. Nothing will increase your bandwidth other than upgrading your internet."
oooo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monad

Senior Member

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimerBinger View Post
if you don't know what P2P is it means peer to peer connection.

it is there so you can download patches faster
So i guess its seriously malfunctioning since you need 3 times the time to download the last 2 MB than all the previous MBs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GOODdaySIR

Senior Member

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimerBinger View Post
omg man you are so ignorant i'm out of this thread.

google peer to peer and it will learn your dumb piece of **** brain
Maybe you should use google? I'm willing to bet a network admin such as myself knows about more about p2p than you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODdaySIR View Post
Maybe you should use google? I'm willing to bet a network admin such as myself knows about more about p2p than you.
Cliche #1: I DO THIS STUFF FOR A LIVING


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saffire

Senior Member

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODdaySIR View Post
Makes zero sense. It ONLY UPLOADS INFORMATION, and thus doesnt effect you download speeds, escpailly considering I already have leguge of legends installed.

SO I REALLY DOUBT ITS GOING TO HELP ME DOWNLOAD SOMETHING I ALREADY HAVE, ANY FASTER.

Also word for word from my link, "Some people claim it will 'increase your downlaod speed'. This is false. Nothing will increase your bandwidth other than upgrading your internet."
Your own link pretty obviously explains that it is not malware. It also explains that it does not only upload information, the whole point is to leverage a network of people in order to provide download/streaming services. The only things you can upload are things that you have downloaded.

From what I can tell, it's the same principle as behind a botnet, except you actually know what's happening.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GOODdaySIR

Senior Member

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Cliche #1: I DO THIS STUFF FOR A LIVING
Is it really chliche when I'm the one posting all the information (hes the one telling me to google, lol.) whistle this kid is calling me "dumb" in broken English?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODdaySIR View Post
Maybe you should use google? I'm willing to bet a network admin such as myself knows about more about p2p than you.
since your skull is thicker then the walls in Fort Knox here is a simple run-down.

1. Patch days put huge stress on servers from the mass downloads

2. some people will get it from Riot's server(the patch)

3. the other people using p2p will download the patch from people that have it from Riot's servers

4. this helps Riots servers NOT crash on patch day

5. you are not a server admin

6. GTFO


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GOODdaySIR

Senior Member

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimerBinger View Post
omg man you are so ignorant i'm out of this thread.
You were saying?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GOODdaySIR

Senior Member

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimerBinger View Post
since your skull is thicker then the walls in Fort Knox here is a simple run-down.

1. Patch days put huge stress on servers from the mass downloads

2. some people will get it from Riot's server(the patch)

3. the other people using p2p will download the patch from people that have it from Riot's servers

4. this helps Riots servers NOT crash on patch day

5. you are not a server admin

6. GTFO
Everyone gets it via the patcher, which has its own upload / download caps.

Pando doesnt have caps, nor does it EVER STOP UPLOADING, EVER.

Also I'm Cisco and Microsoft certified.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlsGoDieThx

Senior Member