[GUIDE] Teemo - The Undefeatable

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheHeretic

09-09-2009

Teemo is a decent DPS hero but without any steroid skills or any real way to boost his damage AP stacking is ultimately more effective. The fact that he has somewhat faster attacks than other heroes doesn't turn him into a carry, true carries like Tristana are always going to outdamage him.

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

09-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeretic View Post
Teemo is a decent DPS hero but without any steroid skills or any real way to boost his damage AP stacking is ultimately more effective. The fact that he has somewhat faster attacks than other heroes doesn't turn him into a carry, true carries like Tristana are always going to outdamage him.
Are you... are you serious?

Teemo is a wonderful DPS and AP only hurts early to mid game and dwindles out late game due to the fact mushrooms are easily dispatched which leaves you with your only true damage which is your Q and your poison which doesn't tick much.

Having Teemo as a DPS is not only more efficient but helps the team out more in team fights.

Woozl

09-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabazza View Post
If you do a "hit and run" tactic I don't really get why prioritize AS items instead of pure damage. Care to elaborate?
I would love to. The reason why I choose AS items for a hit-and-run tactic Teemo is because I only chose AS weapons that also have an added damage effect. For the money, they are cheaper than pure damage, for more DPS. Malady and Wit's End end up costing less than Infinity Edge, for more damage per second. Because they both give AS, you are much more handy in team fights than if you were to go for damage, and by getting both, your damage is increased by more per gold than if you went Edge. Malady deals 6 additional damage stacking up to 6 times, Wit's End steals 42 mana and deals that much in damage.
Lets say, to make the numbers easier, that you attacked once per second and had a base damage of 50. Hitting 6 times with the Wit's/Malady combo, you deal 678 damage. (300 base + 126 Malady + 252 Wit's End) If you had the same AS and Base Attackwith an Infinity Edge, you would deal 780 Damage ((50 + 80) x 6). Now, looking at only those numbers you'd think that an IE would be better, and if that's all there was to it, you'd be right. However, with Malady/Wit's, you would attack much faster than 1x a second. Also, with Malady/Wit's you have armor penetration and lifesteal, which allows you to do more damage faster and be able to take more damage than they can give. With the added bonus of mana drain, you'd cripple their usage of abilities, so any char with a AP build is right out. Although IE gives you a 1/5 chance to crit with 250% damage, it simply isn't worth it.

Nmaster64

09-09-2009

So I tried out Teemo. Lots of fun. Just have one problem.

Those mushrooms don't do ****! They say 500+ dmg but only seem to hit for 100 or so. I'm confused?

poppedcolla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmaster64 View Post
Those mushrooms don't do ****! They say 500+ dmg but only seem to hit for 100 or so. I'm confused?
I definitely experienced the same thing. Tried it out as well. I still have to get the hang of a DPS char. I've been playing a lot of casters haha. Didn't end up so hot 5/6/8 lol.

Ch0pst1x

Adjudicator

09-09-2009

Teemo's shrooms are affected by spell block I believe, the more magic resistance you have the less damage it does. The math I'm not sure of. Also cleanse seems to absolve you of all damage from running into the mushroom.

TechGorilla

09-09-2009

Also it does damage over time (1 hit per second for 5 secs), so you should check if its hitting him 100 every second or 100 over 5 secs.

Oddiz

09-09-2009

See my guide. AP teemo is the win. You think AP becomes negligible? Laff. 1400 burst damage in less than 1 second late game. You hit a shroom, thats another 1000.

I average 15/3/20 every game. Often times much better.

FuzzeWuzze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-09-2009

This guide works great too, i've been just slaughtering people with it...i may try an AP teemo just because...either way this can work ...just finished a 15/5/21..and all 5 deaths were trying to push their last 2 towers before the end...from them respawn rushing us...

noia

09-10-2009

Teemo is my favourite champion and I've found that stacking AP works really well.

I came up against another Teemo player who stacked DPS and when we went on 1v1 I had the best damage output by a mile.

Another tip regarding teemo is planting Mushrooms in the stealthed bush areas, it lets you see if people are trying to gank and also works great when they walk over them.

123456 ... 8