Failure to connect to game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRealMcCoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-03-2010

This happens every few days or so. But i have a new development. In case you were wondering, the problem is not client side. During one of the games where I could not connect I tried connecting from another computer, and wah lah, still could not connect. Any chance you guys are gonna fix this? Kinda annoying to not get to play and also get a leave

oh, and i can log onto my smurf and play fine. It just seems every once in a while the game decides to not load.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...72#post1191972

post in that thread to get Riot's attention.

They do not read this Help & support forum.

TheRealMcCoy

Recruiter

05-05-2010

Stupid thing just happened again. THis is really annoying.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

05-05-2010

This forums is read, Jesse and other riot staff comes through fairly often and the Wrenchman all call attention to specific issues when needed.

Additionally, this type of disconnect issue was just addressed with the last patch, so it's not off the radar either.

Specifically to your problem, if you can log on a smurf account and play without issue every single time versus your regular account, the most likely issue we see with situations like this is a slow or bad internet connection on the player's end.

When you level up your summoner, you build additional data that needs to be transmitted with the account, including champions, runes, statistical data, etc. On slower connections, the larger amount of data sometimes creates issues with timeouts and transfers which can cause disconnections.

If you're getting disconnected as part of a match (booted in game, or when you come back you have the option to reconnect) Please post your in game logs. Also, you may want to try running a netalyzr to test the connection.

Rajik

05-05-2010

Has this been tested do you know Aregionius? I would be interested in seeing if something like BWMonitor (http://www.bwmonitor.com/) could be used to compare uploads and downloads on a smurf account versus a main account and then correlate it to these kind of network disconnects.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

05-05-2010

Yes this has been tested, but the only workaround for people with limited connections right now is to continue making new accounts once theirs reaches the point where their network is no longer able to handle the size.