Warwick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZephyrReaver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2011

I just wanna know what items are best in a nutshell. Guides are getting too confusing :s
(btw im jungling)
And what boots should I get? Mobility for faster ganks and map travel? Swiftness cuz they are faster? Merc treads because they are pro? Greaves? Sorcerer?
Thank you.

NagOrth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrReaver View Post
I just wanna know what items are best in a nutshell. Guides are getting too confusing :s
(btw im jungling)
And what boots should I get? Mobility for faster ganks and map travel? Swiftness cuz they are faster? Merc treads because they are pro? Greaves? Sorcerer?
Thank you.
I use a funny build that works really good for me (I'm not saying that my build is the best but is a funny and powerfull way to play him )

Start with armor and 5 pots.
Do blue, then wolfs, then wraiths, then red, then double golems, then wolfs again and go back to shop your maded's.
Gank before of after doing this.
Now get boots, I almost everytime take mercs.
then get wits end, after wits end I take a malady, then a spirit visage, then madred's blood razor, and now you can choose a last item... I sometimes pick black cleaver, or some lifesteal, or whatever.

This guide worked really good for me in ranked games, My ELO is low cause I always have leavers or stupid teammates who refuses to help or just noobs... but I can tell you that you'll kill a lot of people with my guide.

if you want to ask me something, my summoner name is NagOrth.

See you!

Patness

08-03-2011

As Warwick for my main, I tend to get runspeed quints, dodge seals, -cooldown (used to be +manaregen/level), and +ArmorPen or +attack speed (based on whether I lane or jungle, respectively).

Masteries, I always put points into utility for mana regen and (especially) runspeed, and the rest in attack for attack speed and armor penetration.

I would *always* go for swiftness boots, as they made me very, very effective in a chase. Even with normal boots, WW's runspeed is 398. With the boots and the howl, you can get to pretty much anywhere on the map without a problem, and your runspeed won't get nerfed after an attack, the way it would with the mobility boots.

A lot of people have given me flack for a failure to grab zerker's greaves, but I play WW as a chaser, hunting down and killing stragglers (which was the same way I played Eve). In those situations, it's all about run fast, hit hard. You have abilities to boost your attack speed, anyway, and you count more on your ability to damage your opponent than to lifesteal away.

Short version: max your runspeed, start with boots and pots, and move into a lane with bite. Get the movespeed boost for weakened opponents, and have fun hunting them down.

General item list:
Swiftness boots
Black Cleaver
Stark's Fervor

If you can get more, go bloodthirsters (start with the vamp scepters, leave a space open for a BF Sword). A Warwick with that much damage, lifesteal and armor reduction/penetration is pretty hard to kill.

PanglossianCynic

08-03-2011

I jungle him and start with long sword and a health potion. Then I get:

Basic Madred's, Sorcerer's Shoes, Hextech Revolver, Spirit Visage, Bloodrazor, Guardian Angel

The last item is really dependent on my role in the team, but generally I get either Stark's Fervor or a Black Cleaver, and I've been experimenting with the Frozen Mallet recently. I wait until the very end to upgrade my Revolver into the Hextech Gunblade.

Warrrrax

08-03-2011

In general Warwick is best played as a Tanky DPS, being tough, having lifesteal and a lifesteal nuke. You start with a longsword and pot, or cloth and 2 pots and a ward, or similar. You aim to get boots and a Madrids Razor ASAP. You upgrade razor to BLOODrazor at some point which actually makes you deal mostly magical damage. Works very well with Ult shaving 20% life.

After this, you basically shoot for tanky and defensive items. Warwick only has 1 closer which is his Ult, so he isn't very good at chasing.

Recommended items:

a) Frozen Mallet - critical to being able to chase an enemy. Otherwise they run away. Also massive health booster.

b) Banshees Veil - Health, mana, Magic resist. Shield is particularly useful so you can Ult someone and not get CCed during your ult.

c) Sunfire Cape - Armor, health, more AoE damage.

d) Merc Treads - little more Magic Resist, tenacity.

e) Wit's End - Magic damage on-hit, boost Attack Speed, boosts magic resistance, works great with your Ult.

Hiclic

08-03-2011

Any champ you build tanky will have a very fluid item build since you need to build around your opponents and what your team is lacking.

Long Sword + Pot (Used at wraiths generally, with smite for blue and red)
-------
Wriggles or Razor to build into Madred's later
Boots of what you wish
-------
Tanky Core
Sunfire
Spirit Visage
-------
Damage core
Wit's End / Malady
Madred's Bloodrazor

I've built pretty much everything on WW. He's very adaptable and I use him to plug holes in my team's composition. You shouldn't be too afraid to sell off early game items to upgrade to late game ones when the time comes. I know wriggles + SV generally get recycled into serious tank or gank depending on how the late game is going. The one thing I would never recommend is getting a Madred's early in the game (within 2-3 items)--you'll always benefit more from a tanky build and Madred's gets more attractive late than it is early->mid.

schafenaffe

08-03-2011

Boots:
Heavy AP opponent=mercs
If not=Beserkers (attack speed=moarlifesteal)

Madreds:
Wriggles if oppenents are squishy
Bloodrazers otherwise

Must haves:
Spirit Visage
Gaurdian Angel

The rest (how I build him):
Fro Mallet/Atmas (Tanky/DPS)
Wit's End/Malady (Kinda magewick)
Black Cleaver/Stark's (DPS)

Seelyon

08-03-2011

See this Warwick Guide: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-warwick-guide

TheDoctorOfDeath

08-03-2011

Building warwick as a glass Cannon(no defensive items) will only get you so far and I learnt that the hard way.Mostly because glass cannon warwick tends to be burst down by Malz and Annie in seconds.As a tanky Dps your job is to be the second one in after the tank and ulti the carry.I play tanky Dps Warwick with randuins,madreds.merc threads.spirit visage,bloodthirster and frozen mallet or guardian angel if you want to initiate.Warwicks(throw in wits end if you need it) in the season one championship went full tank or tanky dps.Tankwic is not my thing though.

ZephyrReaver

08-03-2011

Well, it seems Madred's is a must have for late game....I see why though.
I tried ulting someone with Madred's Bloodrazor and Wit's End....they died at about half health thinking they could surive.
You can't survive ult + ignite + procs + q + teamates.
You dead.
Then I also understand needing tankyness...(I play tankies all the time )
Also see lifesteal, DPS items, Spirit Visage as another must have....thank you everyone.