Nunu, Snowball Fights!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lichman

05-03-2010

This is a nunu that is a tank late game but can harass, farm, and lane easily without going back to base. I know that Nunu's ult is still not very viable, but it still scares the heck out of people and make them focus target you, so think of it as a tank that slows and wastes all their spells as well. Also, I'm an aggressive player so don't do this if your an ashe that likes farming mid at the back or someone who just like staying at the back looking pretty when you don't take risks or try to kill the enemy at all. If you are one of these people, the mastery isn't in defense tree so just click the back button.

Secondary Skills:
Ignite: Helps you get kills
Ghost: Don't you want to run even faster?

Runes:
Red: Magic pen
Yellow: Mana Regen Scaling
Blue: CD scaling
Quint: Magic Pen

I use these because it's convenient. it works for all casters and gets you kills in games that tanks need in the beginning or help you stay in the lane.

Masteries:
9/0/21
I find the defense tree pretty useless in most situations. The support tree gives you more mana regen, movement speed, and cd reduction. The 9 on offensive is just to emphasize your damage with absolute zero and ice blast.

Skill build:
Ice Blast
Consume
Ice Blast
Blood Boil
Ice Blast
Absolute Zero
Ice Blast
Blood Boil
Ice Blast
Blood Boil
Absolute Zero
Blood Boil
Blood Boil
Consume
Consume
Absolute Zero
Consume
Consume

The reasoning behind this is that Ice Blast in level 3 takes chunks of life away from the opponent, the only reason that you might have trouble is that they have a healer, but yo ucan still harass with ti if your partner helps and eventually do a crazy jump at them and pick em off when you hit 4 or 5 when you have blood boil or the imp ice blast. The consume is to help keep you in lane and farm.

Item Build:
Starter: Doran's Ring and A health pot

This is to give you a little extra life and some mana regen. No other reason than that.

Trips back must haves:
Boots
Catalyst
Banshee Veil
Mercury treads

Now why I say boots, because ti helps you get away or harass with your ice blast. Don't you hate it that the opponent is just a little too fast or the same speed as you and you can't harass him? Well it is extremely frustrating for me and that is why I get boots in the beginning. How you build the catalyst is up to you, if you aren't taking too much damage, get the mana gem so you have a bigger pool or a health gem if you feel like you might die and that little bit of health might save ya (it did a lot for me). Banshee Veil makes your ult work so that is the reason you rush it.

Now at this part, you have to use your own judgement on what items to build. If the enemy is physical heavy, you can build a Thorn Mail or a warden's mail. Whatever you think is fit. I pefer thornamil due to its fat armor and returning damage which makes people trying to kill you before your ult goes off kill themselves faster and if you die while ulting, your ult might kill them off as well. I would get force of nature if they are magic heavy since ti gives you more movement speed and a massive regen. Here is the late item build I usually have at the end

Items:
Mercury Tread
Banshee Veil
Force of Nature
Thorn Mail
Randuin's Omen
Guardian Angel

The omen is for more slow and Guardian Angel because you get focused a lot and you don't like dieing do you?

Strategy:

Early Game:

Now if you have a ryze or a buff kid on your lane, just bush gank, your slow and dps is enough to be on par with him. Just tank most of the damage and ghost away and and let partner tank some as well and come back snow blasting to pick them off. When you hit 3, it is now mana efficient to spam ice blast and hitting creeps to get your visionary up so you can spam ice blast and consume to either harass or heal. I would harass since you can always last hit.

Mid game:
You are running around from lane to lane, throwing snowballs at people and assisting your teammate. run around jungle and consume everything for the exp. Not really much to explain at this point, it really depends on the mood of the game.

Late Game: You are the kid who initiates. If you have the backing of your team, just blood boil one of your dps, run up to the opposing team and snow ball their faces. You can also run into the middle of the fray and ult, but I would take the initial burst then ult if you can withstand it with the items above. They'll most likely be trying to kill you off while your teammate picks the enemies off.

Comments:
The patch where they made nunu's blood boil affecting himself and a target made him pretty viable. He isn't all that great like some tanks but he is good enough. I haven't tried an ap build or an ad build where you just slap people with your mighty fists of doom (which i would like to try someday). Though he is not a high tier character, he isn't as useless as a yi or tryn.

If you guys have any comments about this guide, please comment. I would try my best to clarify or add more to the strategies as soon as I figure out what needs explaining or correct the errors that you have spotted.