Bruisers late game are just too strong..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bigmontana

08-03-2011

Their whole purpose is to be able to beat AP carries. Hence they need to be able to close gaps, survive the initial burst, and then have enough damage to finish the carry off. The counter for the beefier dps (I'll use Jarvan as the best example) is an AD carry. Get a yii, tryn, or noct to build a lifesteal item or 2 with some arp and they'll be able to heal through the dps any tanky dps can put out. Sure they'll be squishy but none of the beefier champs have the burst to kill someone from full. And then of course the counter to ad carries is the ap carries who DO have the burst to just drop them. Its a circle of counter classes, not perfect since characters like Jarvan have less counters than "pure" tank or dps characters, but they're not as invincible as many people like to say

Retrovertigo

08-03-2011

Malzahar for face wrecking goodness.

Fluffy1

08-03-2011

late game bruisers have the same gamebreaking problem as flash does, you can only effectively counter it with itself, you need flash to counter flash and you need a bruiser to counter a bruiser. which of course means everyone brings a bruiser since they are onl countered by bruisers and then everyone else takes one to counter those bruisers etc etc....and all 10 players have flash, not cause they need it but cause they need to counter flash.

Alrocsmash

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckay View Post
k ill stand right next to the tank ( who should be in the middle of their team) so i can be easy focus for their enemy carries. Or i can stand in the back BEHIND my tanks where i feel safe, but then all a bruiser has to do is gap close right onto me.
O I forgot you're a 14 year old who is ass hurt playing semantics with me. Grow up. You know what I meant. Have your tank initiate and you pick your targets correctly. GG kiddie. A beefy melee building tank does low damage. Stop making **** up.

Seutsuna

08-03-2011

If it's late game, a last whisper or void staff really helps cut through their resisitances.

I can't imagine anyone being uber tanky and have enough dmg unless they're very farmed/fed/have a higher lvl than you/you have no resistances and built all glass cannon instead....

gom99

08-03-2011

Quote:
honestly, what can you do late game against bruisers, i'd love to know.
The idea behind a bruiser is that they are melee. Being able to engage only in close quarters is their biggest weakness, and because they have this major weakness they should be able to tear down squishy ranged chars if they have damage gear. How fast they should do this is a matter of debate, but the fact is, that bruisers should destroy people when they are in melee range.

What should you do? The question is what should your team do.
-Your team should work to peel bruisers off your squishies/carries.
-Your support should focus their supporting on their carry.
-Your carry should kite well as to not require too much assistance from their team.

Putzfrau

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seutsuna View Post
If it's late game, a last whisper or void staff really helps cut through their resisitances.

I can't imagine anyone being uber tanky and have enough dmg unless they're very farmed/fed/have a higher lvl than you/you have no resistances and built all glass cannon instead....
this. unless you let them farm all game and fed them, they aren't going to do more damage then an ap/ad carry AND take no damage.

and like someone else pointed out this is a team game. CC and focus? pretending like bruisers are god mode, able to run around the map killing everything on a whim is absolutely ridiculous. a farmed ad/ap carry is going to significantly more damage ESPECIALLY at the 45-50 min mark. if an ashe or corki is doing less damage then j4 at the 50 min mark the must be incredibly under farmed and terrible.

Easojo

08-03-2011

Just had a 50 minute game, might of been a 35 minute game if not for Irelia on the other team.

Can you guess her build? - did you guess triforce then full tank items, have a cookie if so.

Yeh she single handedly carried her team through a dozen teamfights late game prolonging our victory and even making it uncertain a few times.

Oh did I say carry as in a proper glass cannon securing multiple kills through good teamwork and positioning, f**k no. I said carry as in the gimp who just Q'd into us instantly every engagement and mashed his buttons for almost pure carry damage while being as tanky as leona in 8k worth of defense gear.

You are ****ed if you target her and ****ed if you ignore her. Sure we won in the end but only because apart from Irelia we were much the superior team. PPS, that isnt to imply the player was good, k/d was 20s/18 or such, just Q'ing into anything you see at any time and mashing buttons simply works for her.

Carnack

08-03-2011

Quote:
you realize late game, any good bruiser should have a full item build, especially around 45-50 minute mark, this brings back their great lane sustainability in damage, not only do they get to farm alot, they have so much damage they can easily get kills in lane of they want to.
Wrong and a cop-out. I want a specific lists of build and team comps that turn champs into The Deities Of Summoners Rift.

List them (prove your point) or back down from your point.

USMCTempest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2011

A bruiser in a 1v1 will beat a carry most of the time due to higher burst or better built in sustain, but a carry with someone ccing for them will wreck much more face than a bruiser with someone ccing for them, bruisers are meant to soak damage and chase the carry, if you let them do their job, your carry is either chased out of the fight and your team loses a large amount of its dps, or they stay and try to fight but die because you didn't cc for them. Irelia's Q is physical damage, so is her R, 75 true damage per hit is significant but it wont oneshot you, and if she built NOTHING but a triforce for damage, and you let her rape you on a carry 50 times without buying one armor item so that she blows her cds for no kill, you deserve to die. Same thing with Lee, get some armor and his burst is much less severe if he goes tanky. Jarv's passive is magic damage but his skills do physical, so his spell pen wont be that high, again, build some armor. It's so freaking simple, half the people that i see play carries play them as if they were John Rambo, and that's your problem.