Feedback on champion nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uNDeaDFoReVeR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2011

Before the nerf , pantheon has good mobility as a compensation for his squishy characteristic.
When the range got nerf to 5500, he can't even jump from lane to lane. It means that he can no longer join team combat while farming.And without good items compare to his opponents, pantheon is such a useless champ.
While in laning phase, Pantheon farming ability is low unless he got mana runes and items.(for 2 v2, most of the cases, combination with pantheon got a disadvantage unless you have a stun or a support).

With anti ad carry role, pantheon is already got a big disadvantage, because no way he can use his ultimate in close range combat. His ultimate got 2s delay, so most of the time, people got to the rear of the circle, or out of it, unless it is combine with amumu ultimate.
The only case you can use the ulti effectively is when they are fleeing, and now with the range reduced, it is even harder to time right.
Also , his ultimate scale x1 with ap, but who will build an ap Pantheon for what?If you have +200 ap,
and hit 2-3 targets with your ultimate, you can deal extra 133-400 damage for ~5000 gold.

In summary, I think this nerf has a big impact on how can people build items and runes for Pantheon,and make his ultimate become one of the most useless ultimates .As a result ,he is now rely too much on mana and you will quickly feel boring with him.

In my opinion, I think 7000-8000 is enough to reduce the ganking capability and backdooring. 5500 is just make him become a super duper boring champ.

NuclearRogue

08-03-2011

i dont know why people are crying about the nerf. just walk till your in range, then ult into the fight

NecroticBinder

08-03-2011

He is getting buffed, the ultimate grants him quite a bit of free mobility, not as much as before but he can still leap from a good distance, and then combo you.

SirSteed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearRogue View Post
i dont know why people are crying about the nerf. just walk till your in range, then ult into the fight
Panth has been getting nerfed for awhile, the reason is mainly because even as a assassin, his role isnt really defined.

1v1 versus every assassin and melee dps, Panth loses. Statistics dont lie, thats why he is one of the least played champs right now, which is sad

AxeMurderingKlwn

08-03-2011

I was really disappointed with my purchase of panth. He is slow which i guess could be attributed to the giant shield and also has a very shallow health pool. so if you somehow get flanked good luck getting past that guy. The only way Ive been able to use him effectively (read : twice) is if you can manage to get a few early kills, otherwise hes just so **** squishy that if you cant keep your DAM up then you are done; especially since he cant hold a lane effectively alone. Hes classified as an assasin just like Katarina is and when I started playing she was on the rotation and pwning numerous ppl. Running in real fast taking one or two ppl out really easy. However all of her abilities ran off her magic damage. I think one of the real shortcoming on panths aside from his easy deaths(which I think could be balanced with more starting DPS or Dam) is the fact that 2 of his spells use his physical ability and the other 2 (including his ult) use magic. Now maybe im doing it wrong but it seems to be effective you need to be constantly upgrading your DAM to keep up with every1 elses health. But because you need to concentrate on that, it ignores your other 2. I dont want to use my W hop if im going not going to do more than base damage to someone. so it pretty much removes your 2 100% magic damage bonus abilities. Maybe if they changed it so that all his abilities use his physical damge he would be way more effective. Even using his ult is not very devastating. It does I believe 700 damage plus your magic bonus which is absolutely nothing compared to a 2400 HP CHO' GRATH. He doesnt have enough manuverability or health to be stuck in the middle like this. He needs to become a straight up physical damage assasin. I can deal with being squishy if I could actually hurt someone higher than a level 11