Riot, -please-, for the sake of all camera-locked players,

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmotioNULL

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSaintx View Post
I was about to post this same question. Bump because click through UI or adjust UI scale should be an option.
HUD scale can be changed in game options.

Click-thru, however, would be AMAZING

bump

xPlumberryx

09-21-2012

Come on riot fix this pls

Zerofux

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seethman View Post
It's still there, though, and it's frustrating. I improved my game a lot when I shrank my Hud, removed the bar, and set my lock to the space bar (so now I just toggle back and forth). Still, it would be great to have an option to move it, or if you mouse over it, it hides.
I think you would also improve your play a lot if you didn't camera lock. I'm sure you know this but when your camera is unlocked, space bar centers the screen on your character. You can also hold space bar to center it on the character until you let go. This setup allows you to cast long range spells, see farther down the map than you could with a locked camera, and allows a higher quality of play, in my opinion. Personally, I press the space bar constantly throughout a game to re-orient myself in the play space, though I feel it is advantageous to for the camera to remain unlocked.

I can't think of any gameplay-related reason why you'd want to keep the camera locked at all times. If it is an accessibility issue then please disregard my suggestion.

Luxury48

09-22-2012

TOGGLE-ABLE BOTTOM HUD WHERe

The Shepherd

12-17-2013

the map should be rotated 45 Degrees would solve many problems.

MetalSharper

12-18-2013

I think it would also be nice to be able to move the HUD around so you can customize it for your personal preferences. Such as I'd like the map to be in the upper corner but others may like it where it is or somewhere else. So having the ability to move things around I think would be nice.

Starflavor

12-19-2013

This isn't only relevant to camera lock... even if you play unlocked, for a variety of reasons the HUD can still block vision. Not a fast clicker, not a fast processor, fingers are cold, mouse is screwy. Not everything is about the pros.

Especially on purple/red side, you start out with the HUD blocking vision to your enemy 90% of the time.

Sikozu

12-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
why would you play camera locked?

just wondering
I kind of play halfway between "camera-locked" and "unlocked" I mapped the lock camera key to be the "Spacebar" so when I need to I can quickly unlock it. I also play with the HUD on the smallest scaling and no borders. The downside to this is I can't read anything my team mates tell me in chat.

The primary reason I play this way is because having the free moving camera gives me a migraine. The argument that I'll "never be pro" playing like this is moot, because I'm not trying to be. I'm trying to enjoy the game, not make a living off of it.

TL;DR

I've been saying this for years, but I honestly don't understand why RIOT doesn't simply make the 5v5 map be oriented from "Left to Right" just like the 3v3 map. Then there would be no Orthographic Advantage on the map, as there would be no "up down" discrepancies. "Pro" players without a locked camera will still have an advantage, but the handicap won't be as daunting, and there wouldn't be as much of an innate map advantage. (I know there are other issues with the 5v5 map as far as balance is concerned.)

Making the Mini-Map transparent, and possibly a toggle on off item that you could place on the center of the screen would be cool too.

Sikozu

12-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcye View Post
For all of you camera locked players, why are you playing like that?

This is neither a troll nor an insult. I always played DotA and LoL (and STRs) camera unlocked (well, the locked camera didn't exist on DotA and is impossible on STRs). I tried the locked camera, and I just can't, so I'm genuinely interested by the reasons that make you play like that (and it's bumping your thread, so it's good for you :P).
If you come from a background of 3rd person RPGs, having a locked camera is very alien. LoL was my first DotA style game to play. I have issues with Starcraft giving me headaches as well FYI. Its like asking why a person that grew up playing FPS games why he doesn't like playing a 3rd person PRG. He/she will say they don't like the camera controls. Its a comfort thing, and in some cases, literally a health thing...

Lammah

12-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
Thank you for the suggestion! While itís worth mentioning that you CAN adjust the scale of your UI - that may not be the best solution to your situation. We appreciate the feedback and will take this in to consideration when implementing future improvements to the UI.

-The Beard
2 years and Riot still can't seem to bother using their programmers for much more than money making (skins and champs).