Riot, -please-, for the sake of all camera-locked players,

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brother Of Dux

06-09-2012

I can see the argument behind this, but there waaay more important stuff Riot should first attend to imo
Like toggle smartcast, better damage review after death etc

Akali Bot

06-09-2012

This is just as important.

PvM ChinWoo

06-14-2012

OMG! I though I was the only one that hated this issue. Man this problem is really annoying me, 80% of the time I get purple side. Its really annoying to use skill shots or far range shots. And 60% of the time I loose on purple side.

PvM ChinWoo

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iL FraN View Post
Yeah, for people that plays the tutorial.... if you are not a feeder then why would you play like that?

Name one pro that plays with camera locked?

I hope Riot never gives a look at this bunch of threads... they would waste their time to make you comfortable playing bad.

It is ******ed to lock the camera in a game where you NEED map awareness.
Ey kid, I play with Locked Camera, I do 20/2 etc. You need to hush because Locked Camera was put in the game for a reason, I can't stand playing without it. Now stop saying it's useless if you aren't used to it. Go die in a ditch kid. We're talking about the laning view between purple and blue, purple can't see half whats happening on the other side. Map awareness is about Incoming Ganks/Pinging etc.

Kalafai

06-14-2012

Edit: similar but wrong thread, see locked camera discussion

KatuXiK

06-17-2012

This wouldnt be a bad idea. I personally play toggled, unlocked for 1v1 or 1v2, but i lock my camera in team fights so as not to lose my campion amongst the special effects and minions XD I have many times lost a gank or even been killed because the HUD got in the way. If this were implemented i would probably find myself turning the HUD off frequently.

Lil Scampers

06-17-2012

Alternatively, camera-locked players could l2p properly. This game has bugs in it that have been present since beta, Riot has plenty of things to fix that aren't bad players.

Koroido

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Scampers View Post
Alternatively, camera-locked players could l2p properly. This game has bugs in it that have been present since beta, Riot has plenty of things to fix that aren't bad players.
I don't see hwo using camera lock makes someone a "bad" player, and I don't understand how you can go about saying unlocked camera is the proper way to play. I am not use to unlocked camera and probably never will even try to get use to it because i shouldn't have to, i prefer locked camera. I want to see whats happening with my champion, and i can see the whole map perfectly with it. Maybe you should l2p with locked camera and you can see that it's a viable way to play.

Mister Daichi

06-17-2012

So I hate playing purple, regardless of who I'm using and their skills, I'm a locked-screen kind of guy, since i move my hands on and off the key board, I dont want to have to learn even more ways to position my hands so i can use the unlocked-screen method...

My solution: blue=Hud up top, makes it the same fairness and gives equal blindness of the map, regardless of scaling, and locked and unlocked screens. Blue has the same blind spot as purple, which means you have to get a little closer to each instead of blue being able to inch with their range and hit you from no where without them seeing you, I hate using longer ranged skills when im purple and just want to jungle or support so i can just stay back and let someone else suffer from the unfairness.

Mirror matches is all i have to say, when it comes to an disadvantage with purple,(mid especailly) unlocked screen and pushing on their turret, makes ganks from river absolutely not fun at all since your making your vision reduced of the river, and wards add up, your jungle doesn't want to have to constantly ward for you which cost added up gold, which takes away from his over stats...and how often should a mid go back, once when they have enough gold to buy an item right off the bat instead of building it up. which means they cant go back, unless their other lanes can come hold for them, or their jungle is bored and wants the minion kills

Plus misclicks make unlocked screens instant kills

Cizjut

06-20-2012

OLAF AXE

Olaf is a heavy chaser, heavily dependable on landing the Q. As a heavy chaser, i use locked camera a fairly ton. How many times have I missed my axe by misclicking on the HUD, i'll never know.