Riot, -please-, for the sake of all camera-locked players,

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akali Bot

11-22-2011

bump

Akali Bot

11-26-2011

bump

HunterKi11er00

11-27-2011

Threads too long to go through, but I wonder if it's been suggested that a better option than changing the UI position would be to allow camera rotation.
I'm surprised it isn't already implemented as this is a 3D game and this can be done so easily.

I'm puzzled that there aren't more complaints about the inherent, not to mention huge disadvantage to the purple team because they will always have less view distance towards the bottom, because the camera isn't a perfect top-down view, rather it's pointed towards the top.
This is significant because blue team is on the bottom and it's the direction in which they're either coming from or in which the purple team is chasing.

Anecdotally, I find that whenever I play purple, I lose. I can't speak for other players, but playing purple makes me feel crippled because I can see so little of what's below me that I often walk right into the range of a blue player without realizing.

So far, this is really my only complaint about this great game, albeit it is a weighty complaint.

Arcie McLean

11-29-2011

Flooding the new posts with all these unanswered Purple side camera issues.

In other words... BUMP!

-Arcie

Akali Bot

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterKi11er00 View Post
Threads too long to go through, but I wonder if it's been suggested that a better option than changing the UI position would be to allow camera rotation.
I'm surprised it isn't already implemented as this is a 3D game and this can be done so easily.

I'm puzzled that there aren't more complaints about the inherent, not to mention huge disadvantage to the purple team because they will always have less view distance towards the bottom, because the camera isn't a perfect top-down view, rather it's pointed towards the top.
This is significant because blue team is on the bottom and it's the direction in which they're either coming from or in which the purple team is chasing.

Anecdotally, I find that whenever I play purple, I lose. I can't speak for other players, but playing purple makes me feel crippled because I can see so little of what's below me that I often walk right into the range of a blue player without realizing.

So far, this is really my only complaint about this great game, albeit it is a weighty complaint.
Amen.

It has been mentioned.

It has also been mentioned a few times for riot to compare win/lose ratio of all games as people think blue will win by a landslide.

Tricklock

12-08-2011

Yes! This is the most bull**** excuse for a competitive gaming company.

trancepticom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

learn to press y and move the camera wherever you want. it might be stressful and difficult at first but then once you figure it out your ability to watch the map, watch team fights, and general awareness will go up about a thousand times. BTW space bar centers your camera on your champion when your in unlocked camera

Ezekiel Chaos

Recruiter

12-10-2011

I'd like to add that although the original poster is correct, I think it might be better to undock the bottom HUD and move it elsewhere. maybe on the right side of the screen instead of on the bottom. Maybe this could be an option.

Furthermore, currently one can adjust the 'scale' of the HUD, but not each section independently. I'd rather have my cooldowns, health, and mana bars a lot smaller(to help with the problem of the HUD being in the way), but keeping my team health/life on the left side larger. Has the option of resizing each section independently been reviewed? Is it possible?

Thanks.

Akali Bot

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancepticom View Post
learn to press y and move the camera wherever you want. it might be stressful and difficult at first but then once you figure it out your ability to watch the map, watch team fights, and general awareness will go up about a thousand times. BTW space bar centers your camera on your champion when your in unlocked camera
I tried man. I think it does more harm than good.
Having to move the cursor to a corner of the screen to scroll the view, then moving back to wherever you want to click takes time.

I also tend to lose track of where i am :3

Currently though, if there's a teamfight happening and i am walking towards it, i click and hold on the minimap and after about half a second, the the camera shows where im holding. Then when im arriving at the fight i let go of mouse1 and camera centers again and all is well

Riot Ambassador

Riot Games Ambassador

12-14-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Thank you for the suggestion! While itís worth mentioning that you CAN adjust the scale of your UI - that may not be the best solution to your situation. We appreciate the feedback and will take this in to consideration when implementing future improvements to the UI.

-The Beard