Twisted Fate - A few suggestions/questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Mad Bear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2009

So ive been playing alot with fate recently, with an offense mastery build, and a 20% crit rune build. In my eyes he has one of the strongest early games. Also the way he is NOW he has a very strong end game, that just sometimes fails to utalize all his abilities.

As I see it theres 2 Fates to build. Atk speed, and AP. Building AP is a waste because of it only affects 1/5 skills. The other way to build takes advantage of Wild Card, but I do belive its bugged. You can throw 3-4 reds, or a couple of golds instead of the 1, with enough attack speed. This makes him a great dmg powerhouse, but is this bugged? If its being changed so only "special" card goes thorugh, as I do belive should happen i prupose this:

Let wild card be affected by AP. Now before you yell that would make him to OP, just make it a small % of AP. Say 10% affects Blue, 15% red, 20% Gold. With only 1 card flying out, that would make a good amount of damage, but not be OP, and give more use to the Pick a Card as well. Any thoughts?

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2009

if pick a card actually worked right (only 1 card thrown) he wouldnt be so beastly. i've played a few games where the son of a ***** gets 2-3 golds in a row CONSISTENTLY. not only that, but people abuse "card locking" which is where you have the card over your head and start to attack a minion, but stop before throwing anything, but the card disappears. that card is now "locked" so that your next attack will be that card, no luck involved, as long as they attack before the duration ends. its ****ing bull****.

the whole entire skill needs to be recoded to work properly in my opinion.

Bianary

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
i've played a few games where the son of a ***** gets 2-3 golds in a row CONSISTENTLY. not only that, but people abuse "card locking"
I'm pretty sure you need to card lock to get the multi-card bug. Not entirely certain because I haven't used it myself (After it's identified more testing is hardly needed)

Elmentar

09-09-2009

You can also go 2 warmogs, impaler, and Phantom dancer on him. He can farm for it pretty fast, it turns him into a tank with high dps.

RiskyNight

09-09-2009

If his attackspeed is high enough and the card shows for instance gold, he can throw 2-3 of them after each other. Worked for me a couple of times and I used no locking.

Vindico Atrum

09-09-2009

Yep, very high attack speed and you can hit 3 red/gold cards. Cardlocking is the only reason he can do anything atm, take that away and he might as well sit down with soraka on the subs bench. AP build and he has to rely on 1 skill ONLY, even auto attack does nothing. Dmg build and wild cards is useless. Great. Leave cardlocking alone, and if you take away the bug of throwing two (or more) then increase their effectiveness.

Twigg

09-09-2009

They could possibly buff wild cards to reduce the spread of the cards and increase the hitbox of the cards. This way using wild cards would hit more often and people might get the hang of it faster. Also, they can probably remake Pick a Card to something like: A buff that lasts X seconds where random cards flash above your head. As long as the card remains, that card will add an effect to your autoattack. Then they can nerf Red and Gold cards, probably change blue cards a bit, add a little bit of AP scaling and VOILA!!

Wappas

09-09-2009

I've done a lot of Twisted fate playing. with a full AP build I can usually hit people with 600 - 800 damage cards followed by a 500-600 damage follow-up. With a pure physical build i can crit on a fairly regular basis for 400-500 damage. but only on a single target. I still haven't figured out a viable hybrid that can match the damage of either of these, but each build has its purpose. as an AP; you focus on pushing and catching the occasional kill. With the physical build you are more of an assassin character seeking out lone heroes. I think an ideal solution would be to add AP scaling to his Pick a Card skill, remove the locking bug and push him into an PA build. It never made sense to me why the cards didn't scale with AP...

Krow

09-09-2009

Nashors tooth. 55 AP 40% AS. nice stuff for twisted.

And i never wanna hear "BUFF WILD CARDS"
if you played old TF, you know this all too well.

He was more played than ashe.

I usually go AP then get my last item infinity edge. But i like my 4 second cooldown 600 DMG blast. i also take whole waves of creeps in 1 skill.

Nerdrage

09-10-2009

Getting 3 gold/red cards in a row can't be reasonably intended. The ability has a 2 second cooldown, and card locking is effective enough without having it happen 3 times in a row. Having a stun every 2-4 seconds with any reasonable amount of luck, or a slow which is also still good, is enough to keep TF effective, but this bug is overkill imo.